Home Buying in Morganton>Question Details

Jdavis053, Home Buyer in Morganton, GA

what is a good offer on a home listed for 144900. 24 plus years old. out dated wall paneling fixtures etc

Asked by Jdavis053, Morganton, GA Wed Jun 16, 2010

Answers

3
Anna Brocco’s answer
In order to determine a fair offer you need to be aware of comps--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area--review the data and then make a determination--comps are offered free of charge by most agents. Keep in mind that if the property is listed on target for today's market or slighly below, multiple offers may occur.
JDavis,

Anna and Solomon have sound answers in the broad sense, but they are in very different markets from the Georgia Mountains where many homes are vacation/second rather than primary.

I'm assuming you have a Buyers Agent? If so I have no desire to "steal" you from her/him, but if you are dealing with a listing agent, I may be able to help you.

Gary Kaupman
Dixon Gary Realty
Hi Jdavis,

I agree with Anna. You would typically start with comparable home sales in the same area (high school cluster, zip code, neighborhood, etc.) and then factor in the condition of the property (age, fixtures, etc.) to arrive at an appropriate offer. Buyers should work with their on agent in real estate transactions anyway, but it is of much greater importance with older homes. Please check ask your agent for the comps and an appropriate offer for this property.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677