Home Buying in Woodbury>Question Details

J, Home Buyer in New York, NY

what is a good area/development for a young family to move- budget is low 1mil - moving from NYC and?

Asked by J, New York, NY Tue Jan 13, 2009

concerned if we move to woodbury/syosset home there won't be any young families... we are early 30s w/ an infant

Answers

12
Woodbury is a great choice when house hunting for a young growing family...
I am currently an agent with Douglas Elliman in the Woodbury/syosset
communities and represent some wonderful homes in that price range.
The commute to Manhattan is approx 1 hour leaving from the North Syosset
Station directly into Penn Station. Wonderful area to raise a family, so

Call me at 516-445-0454 to discuss properties to view.
Syosset/Woodbury has one of the best school systems in NY state, therefore it is loaded with young families. When your kids graduate High School the older families tend to move to smaller homes or condos. Look in the Gates for a great community. Homes run from 900K to 1.2 million or starting at
1.6 for new construction. My home is for sale, a great ranch... email me for details at JWillig@aol.com
that is the least of your worries, every client i represent from NYC is coming looking in your budget!
Some people say Location, location,location! I like to say ...... SCHOOL DISTRICT, SCHOOL DISTRICT, SCHOOL DISTRICT!.... Born and raised been there done that..........
Again this is my opinion wether you are worried about your children's future, or the number 1 investment in your life!

http://www.syossetwoodburyhomes.com
Move to Baltimore MD. Prices of real estate and everything else are a much better value here. Of course, it really depends on your carreer and job opportunities, but there is a lot going on here. Let me know if I can help you to relocate.
Woodbury/Syosset is a GREAT place for young families--in fact, over the last 5 years there has been a large turnover in most neighborhoods. I live in Woodbury with my 3 children, and we moved out here when we were in our early 30s with an infant. You will feel right at home--I have listings in the area and welcome the opportunity to show you around the community and the different neighborhoods. Call me--516-458-4404
Depends on if you have to commute to NYC or not, if you do, Roslyn/Roslyn Heights is closer to the city and good for young families and you can find something nice in the low 1 Mil range. Are you looking for a gated community? Jericho has a couple of new gated community for that price also great for young families. Of course like everybody else said Syosset and Woodbury. These areas I mentioned all have excellent school district.
According to the latest 2010 census statistics the median age in Woodbury is 44 with 5.2% under the age of 5. In Syosset, 13.6% of the population is 30 to 39 and 6.6% under the age of 5. Most families moving into the area are young families, while the older population is retiring. Many of the retirees are moving out of the area. It's a great time to buy a home with low prices and extremely low interest rates. Woodbury/ Syosset is a great choice with beautiful neighborhoods, an easy commute and a highly rated school district.
Come to the five towns come live with friends .
We have amazing home available at your price range.
call 516-599 3569
I have an exclusive listing for a million in a very desireable woodbury community with many young couples.

Mara Navaretta
Licensed Associate Broker
C21 Laffey Associates
516-551-3347
Web Reference: http://www.HomesByMara.com
Hello J,

I live in Syosset and there are many young families in Syosset and Woodbury area. Need help finding a right house? May be I can help...
Many 'communities' are experiencing the boomer retirement exodus...Young couples with children are purchasing homes in both gated and ungated communities Interested in other areas?