Home Buying in Milford>Question Details

Dk1634, Home Buyer in Milford, PA

what is Gold Key Estates like as a community? Safe for kids? Relaxing? Has it been taken over and abandoned by Section 8 temporary residents?

Asked by Dk1634, Milford, PA Wed Mar 2, 2011

Answers

13
This community is a joke. The "security force" is nothing but a bunch of overweight high school dropouts. All "security" does is bust chops about having a sticker on your car that says you live here. There is no security patrolling for robberies or anything important. They all sit around the security office smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. Our dues go up every year to pay these good for nothing degenerates. They pick and choose which days they want to stand at the entrance to the development to check the cars coming in. If you are going to bother checking make it a 24/7 thing, not when you feel like it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 22, 2013
Ever since the new administration took office, this community has gone way down hill. There are drug overdoses, foreclosures, numerous eye sores and residents who do not take care of simple and basic upkeep. It doesnt seem like any codes or bylaws are enforced. Security seems as lack and low as the people causing the trouble.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 19, 2013
section 8?! theft? in Gold Key Lakes Estates in Milford? Can someone please tell me if there is theft and home abandonment in Gold Key Lake Estates?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 30, 2013
Taken over and abandoned by section 8 residents? No it hasn't the residents who abandoned most of the homes were regular every day grade A hard workers like yourself and just couldn't afford it any longer. The dues were getting too high, the theft was too much for most, and the amount of deaths from drunk driving and careless driving helped out as well. Gold Key use to be a nice area at one point not sure if it is any more!! But rest assure the people who are on section 8 didnt have anything to do with the abandonment of that community!! Keep listening to these agents who will tell you anything to get you to move into a certain area or home!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 7, 2012
Many of the comments on this site are sarcastic. It makes one wonder if they are true or not. We should be able to air our thoughts without this attitude, especially since we have experienced the negativity ourselves from the office workers, except for Clare who is delightful. Hopefully it's not only because she is new to the position. Yes, Betsy has outlived her usefulness. School taxes in this area are absurd, if you've had the opportunity to speak with, or listen to, some of the local vulgar teenager. One might say, why bother. They take over the deck discussing their sexual triumphs, along with the other smokers, leaving those of us who also pay the high dues, to never utilize the deck. I bought in 2006 and tried to sell in 2008. Too many foreclosures around. Will practically give the house away come spring. Do not want to be here. One issue tho is that I find it intriguing for folks to mouth off here, & yet not attend meetings or vote. One question I have is why are 4 security vehicles often parked at the same time by the office. Who is patrolling? When? I see the guys asleep at times when parked. I tried to flag one down one day to ask a question, but he was too busy on his cellphone to notice me. Good thing it was not an emergency! Very disappointed to have moved here.
Goldkey is beautiful but the employees are horrible. That includes secretaries but especially security.
I found this on homefacts.com;

Learn all the city data facts and gain an insight on city data information for the Gold Key Lake, Pennsylvania
The Crime rate is 31.49 which means the crime rate in Gold Key Lake is Very Low.
As a resident of this community for 20 years I can say that I have been happy with the security provided. I see them patrolling the streets very often. The roads are maintained, and the community in general is a friendly place to live. There is a rec room for the kids, and of course a lovely lake to swim, and fish, and boat in. There are tennis courts, a baseball field, and basketball courts as well. I have deer in my yard every day along with turkey from time to time, and the occasional bear.
My wife and I bought a house on one of the smaller lakes back in 2006. House was broken into in 2009 and we sold it immediately. Best decision we ever made. It ended being a stressful place to weekend. Community org. Is pretty bad. If you are looking for a nice weekend getaway like we were, try somewhere else. This community and most around it are better for locals.
The abandoned homes are due to the economy tanking and people losing their jobs. Hell, I might be next. We bought up their 6+ years ago and the market tanked 6 months later. My home is literally at least worth 50k less than what I bought it for. The association is a joke. Security issued me a ticket for my trash can being out on the curb from Sun. Evening to Weds morning when I was out of town. But my neighbor keeps his dog chained outsids 24/7 and it barks constantly at all hours of the day/night. It is like pulling teeth to get anything done. Security guards are about as intimidating as the kids I stuffed into a locker in HS when they mouthed off. Too many employees suckling at the community due teet that are not really needed. Dues are currently 1300+ a year which are high compared to other comparable HOA's. Not any section 8's that I know of though. The people who run the HOA are generally retired seniors who have been there forever. I truly believe if the shear # of homeowners that dislike the HOA would pool together and file a lawsuit, that they could literally bankrupt the current administration in legal fees alone. It would at least be a clean start. It seems at least 2 out of 3 people I talk to dislike the HOA. But it is a nice area, generally decent people. Most thefts are kids ransacking unlocked cars at night searching for $. My neighbor got hit that way as well as a freind of mine.
Dues are currently $1125.00 unless you own additional lots.
Flag Mon Sep 15, 2014
Dues are actually 1125 a year currently unless you have any additional lots of land.
Flag Mon Sep 15, 2014
Not a place for you if you are against having a corrupt community group. Betsy in the office is a complete psycho...bring her an issue and she will act like you are wasting her time.....she has a bad hair ball problem I think. Gary golden on north forest drive will who runs the deer management committee is and idiot. Don't let him on your property, he does not have the right to kill deers on your property. The board is in each other's pockets so you can't get anything done.
Back about 1975-76 when the homeowners took over from my stepfather it was not bad but by 1980 the politics of the board was already in question. It came down to who you knew that made a difference as to what you could get away with (sounds like the rest of the country).
Flag Thu Oct 31, 2013
I was part of the first 2 families to grow up in Gold Key lake.There was Richard and Nancy Luca, my sister Shari and myself Brian Orlandi. Or first year there it was only the 4 of us on the school bus that pick us up at the entrance. My stepfather Chaba Pallaghy was the developer that started it all putting in all the roads and selling the properties. We built or home and moved there in 1969, it was wonderful place to grow up. In 2006 (my 30th HS reunion) I brought my wife and 2 daughters from Michigan to see the community I grew up in and thou most of it looked the same other than a lot more houses you could tell that it had lost its charm and the close community spirt it once had.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
Gold Key Lake is a great community. It is located within 10 minutes of the town of Milford. There are lots of amenities, a beautiful 120 acre lake, club house, tennis courts, basketball courts, baseball field. The dues include sanitation. This is a non - gated community and they do have security that patrol the development and enforce driving regulations.
It is a solid functioning community, great for kids and in a good school district.
not helpful, maaam! I know you are trying to sell properties, but come one!!!! do you think we are all stupid and can't figure out how biased your evaluation is?????
Flag Sun May 18, 2014
Not true
Flag Wed Oct 30, 2013