Home Buying in Racine>Question Details

D-homebuyer, Home Buyer in Milwaukee, WI

what happens if there is no responce to an offer to purchase?

Asked by D-homebuyer, Milwaukee, WI Mon Oct 12, 2009

Answers

5
D - Hello again!

Thanks for the clarification.

Now that I know you are being represented by a Realtor, and there are no problems , I will defer to him or her, and suggest you follow their advice.. I am sure they will guide you in the proper next step to take. Getting advice from strangers on the internet might only serve to confuse you if it varies at all from what your agent is suggesting.

Since none of us know the specifics of your offer or the exact circumstances, we really can't, or shouldn't , comment further (at least that's my opinion), as I would not want to interfere in your ongoing business relationship with your agent.
From what you said, it appears the 72 hours are not yet up. I hope things will move along, and you're able to reach a satisfactory result. I wish you good luck in buying this home!
Please let us know what happens!

Best wishes...
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Prop0erties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 13, 2009
Thank you for the responses. Yes I do have an agent helping me and I have an expiration of 72 hrs on the contract as well as earnest money. However this is my first home purchase and I was just wondering what step would be next if there were no response.My agent is helping, however its always nice to have a second opinion.
Hi D................Response from whom? ..........the bank? .....the agent? ...the seller?

Are you dealing directly with the seller? Is this a foreclosure or a short sale?

If you are working with an agent....can't they find out what is happening, and why there has been no response thus far?
Have you given a written offer or was it just verbal?

No response from the seller probably indicates no interest in your offer....but if there is a signed contract floating around out there with your name on it, you should at least get it back.
Your offer to purchase should have had an expiration date attached to it. If there was no response, then your offer becomes null and void.

If your offer to purchase did not have an expiration date attached, then your offer remains "live" until you withdraw it.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
I can only hope that this was done through a REALTOR, had a time limit on the response and that you included earnest money as part of your sincerity in purchasing.
Web Reference: http://topbrainerdagent.com