Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

nktatc, Home Buyer in Cypress, TX

what does pending continue to show mean?

Asked by nktatc, Cypress, TX Mon Dec 24, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1042369845-8318-Lime-Springs-…

Answers

6
It means the house is under contract but the buyer loan is not final.
If you are in love with the house I recommend just keeping the information aside, and you can check back later if you don't find another home you like. As the agents said below, chances are this one will close.
Generally, this means the house is under contract, inspections done, the option period if any, is over, and now the process of financing continues. "Pending Continue to Show" is used when there might be some uncertainty about the finalization of the loan, or if the seller choses to do so, just in case something does not go smoothly. I have, however, seen this used instead of just "Pending" either by error or oversight.

I usually communicate with the listing agent to find out where the transaction stands, to get an inclination for my clients, so if they are really focused on that, they know what their time-line looks like. In lots of instances, though, the pending properties tend to close, but in cases that don't, at least the listing agent knows to contact your agent. I hope you have an agent representing you that will work for your benefit.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Thank you.
Flag Tue Dec 25, 2012
Thank you.
Flag Tue Dec 25, 2012
Usually by this stage it's a done deal. Sometimes the financing falls thru and the house goes back on the market but there is only a small chance that it will be available again. You are better off concentrating on homes with an active status.
thank you
Flag Mon Dec 24, 2012
It means it is under contract, pending inspections, final loan approval or other contingencies, so that it may still be shown to other interested buyers.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need help finding or researching properties.
Thank you, much appreciated.
Flag Mon Dec 24, 2012
The house is under contract and inspections have been done, and the seller is waiting to close, but will still show the house until it closes.