Brent Willia…, Home Buyer in L.A.CA. 90019 ...213...

what does my credit score have to be...to get a home...approx. 750sq.ft./forclosed/ with an

Asked by Brent Williams, L.A.CA. 90019 ...213/271/0298 Sat Feb 28, 2009

$80.000....mortgage/loan modification with new monthly paymts. please,NO HIGHER.!!!..than $900 a month...preferably /comfortably $850...FICO = AND deposit = .....???

Answers

1
Brent:

I see you are still on the path to purchase a home in this "under $100K" category and you are looking in LA. Are you hoping to stay in the Mid City area - 90019? A quick search shows nothing available in that area in the price range you are requesting. If you can expand your search area, you have a greater chance of finding home.

To answer your question regarding credit scores, my lenders are telling me that anything below 620 is almost impossible to place. I do have one broker that can still place conforming and FHA loans with FICO scores as low as 580, but you pay a huge interest premium for this. And, the bad news is Fannie and Freddie are going to be tightening up their lending criteria soon. Credit scores under 720 will be paying premiums.

So, hook up with a strong, dedicated real estate professional and start actively searching for your home. Every day prices seem to be getting better, however, borrowing is getting harder. And remember, as interest rates (or effective interest rates due to low FICO scores) increase, you can buy a lot less home for the same payments, and payments appear to be very important for you.

Good luck in your home search and Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis
Real Estate Consultant
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
http://shel-lee.listingbook.com