Home Buying in Woodside>Question Details

Tanya, Home Buyer in New York, NY

what does it mean when the ad says: 2 bedrooms ( 4 junior) is it a real two-BRs, or a one bedroom with a possibility to convert a dining into a BR?

Asked by Tanya, New York, NY Wed Feb 1, 2012

Answers

10
Hi Tanya, just like my colleagues answered. It is a 2 Bedroom apartment where the 2nd Bedroom is usually smaller than the first one.

Check out this blog post that will answer any and all of your queries about room count:

http://www.urbandigs.com/2010/11/room_count_a_shady_science.html
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 1, 2012
A junior 4 generally has 4 rooms; one large bedroom and a second smaller room that can be used as a bedroom, dining room, office, etc. For a more detailed expanation, consult with your agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 1, 2012
J 4 means there is additional room that can be used for a baby!
A Jr. 4 is originally a one bedroom apartment that has converted its dining room into a small bedroom. Most of these small bedrooms are next to the kitchen, and have no closets. In addition because the dining roomhas been eliminated the living room must used as a dining area. In addition the livable square footage, along with closet space is far smaller than a real two bedroom apartment. These apartments are good for either for young single people, or “empty nesters”.
Its not real 2BR, just a small 2nd room. Mostlikely you won't have any more room left to put up a dry wall or something.
It means that the 2nd bedroom is small.

If you are looking for an apartment, I would gladly help you. My email is Nida@exitrealtybythepark.com
i.m looking for two bed co-op.i.m a first time buyer..can u help me.e mail me at singhlucky1969@yahoo.com
Flag Sat Aug 10, 2013
Just like my colleagues answered. It is a 2 Bedroom apartment where the 2nd Bedroom is usually smaller than the first one.

Enjoy! And happy home buying!

Enjoy! And happy home buying!
2Bedroom (4Junior) usually means there is a 'Smaller' second bedroom. This can be a TRUE 2-Bedroom constructed this way by the developer or some of the larger 4-Room apartments create a second "Smaller/Junior" bedroom usually from a dining alcove.

Call me at 646-256-4660 and we can discuss.
Belinda Chin-Woo
NYS Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
it probably means that they converted some of the rooms like dining room etc.
If you are going to view this property should find out how much would a regular 2 bedroom is going for. and a 2 bedroom junior which means 1 of the bedrooms is smaller.

If you would like more information
contact me at playthat3@gmail.com

Subject junior 4
Brian
Real Estate Invester