Home Buying in Camillus>Question Details

Baranoe, Home Buyer in East Longmeadow, MA

what does it mean " Trust - Buyer will be responsible for survey. Seller will provide stub search only?"

Asked by Baranoe, East Longmeadow, MA Mon Jan 14, 2013

I want to buy a land, but remarks say " Trust - Buyer will be responsible for survey. Seller will provide stub search only." What does it mean?

Answers

1
I am not an attorney, but to my understanding It means the seller of the property will not provide you with a Survey of the land that is being sold, and that they will only do a limited search of the title to see if there are any leans or encumbrances on it as it is right now. When you are buying from a Trust there is no "seller" to deal with, its the attorney handling the trust. This can make it more complicated, and you need to be more diligent. I would not go at this alone. You need a good Realtor and a good attorney to be sure you are protected. Please feel free to contact me and I will help
Sarah Barrows
Licensed Agent Realtor, SFR, 203k Specialist,EcoBroker
Keller Williams Realty Syracuse
6872 East Genesee St
Fayetteville, NY 13066
Office: 315-701-6947
Fax: 315-701-6901
Email: SBarrows@kw.com
Website: http://www.buyingahomeincny.kwrealty.com