David C, Home Buyer in North Charleston, SC

what does it mean HOME SHOW 2/3/12?

Asked by David C, North Charleston, SC Sun Feb 5, 2012

they had till friday to accept but they asked for an extension which I gave them then I look on the site and find out they had a Home show the date they were to give me i=ok or not on contract...

Answers

3
It is hard to answer with the small amount of information that you provided. If it was showings or an open house, it may have been scheduled before you submitted your offer and the seller may have wanted to wait and see what that produced in terms of interest. I would either be firm with a deadline or rescind the offer all together. At anytime before you are notified of acceptance you have the right to withdraw the offer. The best thing to do is to consult with your Realtor. If you do not have a buyers agent, this is a good example of why you need one. In most cases, there is no cost to you for the service.
Your best bet is to ask them what it means. I am just guessing given the small amount of information presented here. Perhaps there are some unusual circumstances that prevent them from answering? Could they be out of town or out of the country? Have your Realtor contact their Realtor and get an answer to know whats up for sure before you do anything. If this is really the home you want, don't let their poor communication skills keep you from your dream house. I wish you the very best of luck on this purchase!
Cheers,
Betina
It sounds like they may have had an Open House on that day to see if they could drum up more interest or offers, before accepting your offer.