lolitadost, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

what do you think about windermere lakes sub Houston tx. do you think is a good investment if I buy a house there?

Asked by lolitadost, Houston, TX Mon Jul 8, 2013

Answers

7
Yes, I have great experience in that subdivision. In fact, I just sold a house in Windermere Lakes two weeks ago to a very happy first-time home buyer at an amazing price. Let me know if you have any questions or need any advice. There are also a few other subdivisions that have a similar lake concept not too far from there as well.

Randy Canales
The Professional Group Realty
NRG Top 20 Under 40 2012
Randy@RandyCanales.com
832.220.5744
Lolita,

Windermere Lakes has some features other communities don't have, mainly the water cannels behind most of the homes. A "Florida" feel in this community!

The builders that finished out the neighborhood including David Weekly and Princeton are good, quality builders. Nice amenities such as community pool, lighted fountains and common areas are always a plus. Also not far from Highway 290. And once 290 gets widened out, the commute to this area will be that much shorter.

So yes, a good investment in general. However, you don't want to overpay for a home in any neighborhood. Have a Realtor review the prices, upgrades in the home, location and more to really determine if your paying a fair price. That is about the best you can do as no one can predict the future.

Key is staying in your home a longer period of time and not adding too many upgrades. Markets will go up and down, but the longer you stay in the home, the better odds you will be able to obtain a nice appreciation on the value when you sell. Let us know if we can help!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Here is a site for you to visit to research Windermere Lakes. http://www.har.com/neighborhoods/

If you need any additional information I am happy to assist you. my website is: http://www.houstonhomesbykiki.com or call 713-470-2049 ext.484,
Lolitadost,

My first question would be, what kind of investment. is this a personal purchase, a flip, or are you considering rental property? Until I have that answer, I can't be very specific. what I can tell you is this form 2011 to 2012 price per sqft dropped on sales about $6. Prior to that there was a downward trend (http://goo.gl/X98LQ). Out of the the 14 homes listed on HAR 6 are still active. The remainder are listed pending or pending with showings available (http://goo.gl/G3tnf). Just looking at these homes here and comparing them to appraisal values you can see that this year the subdivision is seeing increased sale prices. Having this continue shows definite strength in the neighborhood. There is a lot more to discuss. I would be glad to give you more datails and talk about what your needs are. Give me a call.

Brandon Jenkins
NewHomePrograms.com
832-377-1721

Windermere Lakes is a really nice subdivision. Prices begin at roughly around $200,000. Some homes have lake views. It is definitely an attractive subdivision and commands good values.

As far as investing is concerned, it depends on the home price and what you want to do as far as investing - do you intend to invest for rent or are you looking for something to flip?

Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Windermere Lakes offer's a lot of home value for the square footage. The homes were built in the late 90's and early 2000's when the market was hot. Now, the subdivision is priced very competitively. Most were Princeton and Weekly homes on larger lots than you will find in the typical subdivision with most over 8000 sq ft. You will not be living on top of your neighbor like in Bridgeland. Windermere Lakes prices are trending up. If you are interested in homes in Windermere give me a call. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hello Lolita! This is a really cool and beautiful subdivision! It has a beautiful lake with fountains and a lot of the homes have the stucco siding with tile roofs! I would love to show you some homes in this neighborhood. My contact information is below. I hope to hear from you soon!

Diane Schrakamp
Total Real Estate Services
832-620-6304
dschrakamp@gmail.com