Joe, Home Buyer in Mountain View, CA

what do you guys think about the condos in Meridian Woods? They are in Cupertino school district but the

Asked by Joe, Mountain View, CA Mon May 26, 2008

condos are ~40 years old ?

Answers

6
Meridian Woods is too close to section 8 housing, Greendale Halfway House, drug and gang activity. We are looking to move away from the neighborhood because it is getting really rough. These hoodlums hang out on the sidewalk and cause problems and break into cars and vandalize them!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 29, 2008
Condos are great, pretty quiet, pool is great and the overall presentation of the condos are great... They just re painted all of the buildings and it looks great (glad to see that HOA money goes toward smtg positive)
On the bad side, dealing with HOA about any issue is very painful and that I absolutelly hate....
You are right. hard to find parking, $305 HOA, no inhouse wash and dryer. Few short sales got down
all properties price. But it is the lowest priced property in cupertino school district. If you don't care of school,
try 95123, Milpitas, 95132, 95131. You may get house. Or 94539 brand new condo with warmspring school.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 23, 2009
Joe,
It is a good area to get started. It has SECURITY on site and ~80% condos are owner occupied. I tell clients
you can not afford condo price with a Cupertino address this is the place to get started.
You get wonderful school like Eisenhowever (actually better than several Cupertino addressed schools).

It was converted originally from an apartment complex twenty some years ago. As for the age, I showed similar size condo in Santa Clara by Kaiser it is the same price. People come here for good schools and affordable price and that goes for Palo Alto, Cupertino in general.
I owned and lived in Meridian woods for 10 years and my 3 kids are born and raised there.It is wonderful community.For the price-Cupertino schools,proximity to freeways and shopping areas and general amenities swimming pool and beautiful club house(Which is available free to residents).

Now we have moved to Cuperitno hills and looking to sale my place.If you are interested pl let me know we have recently upgaded the unit with hardwood floors.Granite counter tops,and newer appliances etc.THIS IS SALE BY Owner no agents involved so if u are serious about Meridian woods pl contact me.

Bob
Hi, I owned one unit there and sold it about a year ago. It is a good little community. If you're looking for yourself, it is the cheapest place around that is in the Cupertino school district. If you're buying for an investment it's easy to rent and and not all that hard to resell. I held mine for about 2.5 years and it went up quite a bit and sold within 1.5 months. It is close to 40 years old but in my opinion it's not that big of a negative since everything around there is close to that age. One negative is the laundry area is not in the units. Let me know if you have any other questions about this complex.