JudyBrown  J…, Real Estate Pro in Kosciusko County, IN

what do i look for when buying a house?

Asked by JudyBrown JulieHall Team, Kosciusko County, IN Mon Aug 15, 2011

Answers

3
Hi Judy. I think you already know the 1st rule of real estate - Location Location Location. Find a home in a location that is near things that are of interest to most people, such as, shopping, restaurants, good schools, near major roads, safe neighborhoods. Other factors are personal choices like, gated communities, country club communities, proximity to a beach, all age communities or 55+ communities. Also, do you want a "fixer upper" or one that is "move in" condition? As you know, when you see a home that's right for you you'll know it. It will feel right.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
561-445-8743
http://www.BuySellBoca.com
Web Reference: http://www.BuySellBoca.com
It's tough to answer such a subjective question, but I would start with what fits your budget and work from there. It's also important to bring in a good home inspector to confirm that your selection isn't going to cause you more stress after you close the sale. If I can help you as an agent or a home inspector, please let me know.
Thank you - Chuck Flynn
I hate to answer a question with questions, but the answers help you determine what to loo for.

- Consider the size of your family and determine the minimum number of bedrooms and baths
- Do you really need a basement?
- Do you need central air / heat?
- Where area would you like to live?
- Do you need the property to be renovated? Or is it ok to have an older home with charm?
- Do you need a large yard? Or a garage?

Once you have these items, you can start searching. However, you are not really ready to talk with an agent as yet.

Why?

You should now call your bank, credit union or an agent to get pre qualified for a mortgage. After you get the qualification, do a budget. Just because you get qualified for a million dollar home doesn't mean that your budget afford such.

Once you have all of this, time to call me! LOL! Or an agent that you can work with to find the right home for you. Hopefully this helps! Give me a call when you get a chance.