Home Buying in Hurricane>Question Details

Smittydog1023, Home Buyer in Hurricane, WV

what do i do when the seller refuse to sign the mutual agreement to get back earnest money?

Asked by Smittydog1023, Hurricane, WV Sun May 29, 2011

House failed housing inspection

Help the community by answering this question:


If the contract is clear about how it can be canceled from a home inspection, dispersement of the earnest money should be done according to state law. This usually means that it can happen immediately if both parties agree, but if not, then their is usually a notification period and then the escrow agent can disperse according to the contract. If it ultimately gets disputed, a judge can rule to disperse to one party or the other.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 29, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer