Home Buying in Schenectady>Question Details

queenna_love…, Home Buyer in Schenectady, NY

what do I need to know about buying a new house?

Asked by queenna_lovely, Schenectady, NY Sun Jan 6, 2013

Answers

4
Hi Queenna_lovely,

There are many aspects of buying a new house that are important to know. The process takes a few months and from the beginning it can be extremely daunting.

However, I am a First-time Homebuyer Specialist who works in Schenectady County and the rest of the Capital Region. I would be more than happy to sit down with you and explain the entire process from start to finish. We would work together to find you the perfect house that you can afford. As a Buyer's Agent, my services come at no cost to you when you purchase a listed home. My fee is paid from the transaction costs at closing.

Please allow me the opportunity to help you through this important and exciting first step! I work everyday from 8am-8pm. I look forward to hearing from you!

~Tori Romeo
NYS Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Certified Buyer Representative
Bliss Properties of NY
tori@blisspropertiesofny.com
518-788-8865
The most important thing I'd say you need to know about buying a new home is that you are entitled to your own representation. And there is usually no charge to you for a seasoned pro to assist you. A good local agent will know what concessions are typical, if the pricing is fair and can probably help you to negotiate some "add-ins" at no charge.

The second most important thing is to hire a new home inspector who will come out at specified intervals during your build to check that the house meets the specs outlined in the plans. And to conduce a final inspection prior to settlement. Best of luck.
Buying a new home is a small process. How much does a 1st time home buyer spend is a matter of how much you can afford. The 1st step in the process is to find a mortgage lender and find out how much you can qualify for. Credit Unions are great places to go for a mortgage. The interest rates are competitive and they have less fee's than banks or brokers. Once qualified, then the search for a new home begins. If you are working with a Realtor, sit down with them and they should be able to explain everything. If you don't have a Realtor, please feel free to call me @ (518) 577-9193 and I will be happy to assist you.
Hi queenna_lovely,

The first thing you should do is contact a lender and get pre-approved for a loan (unless you're paying all cash).

Once you have your pre-approval, contact a local Realtor to assist you in your home search. It usually won't cost you anything to hire a Realtor as most seller's pay all commission - both the listing agent and the buyer's agent.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com