Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Robert Klein, Home Buyer in North Port, FL

what can you tell me about valencia country club homes. It seems to be a lot of homes for sale. Is there a dry wall problem?

Asked by Robert Klein, North Port, FL Fri Apr 15, 2011

Answers

11
Hi Robert,
I live near Valencia Country Club and recently sold a home there, and my recent visit with another buyer confirmed what is happening all over SWFL-inventory is down, it's the best value and place to live, new construction is hot, and it's a matter of time when prices will soar again.
The media misconstrues the market- the days of basement prices is nearing the end.
That's why buyers need a local realtor.

Valencia is finishing up the phase on Birdie Drive, and there is one more parcel under negotiation and it will be the last phase, then gone. NO MORE new homes once this is done.
The resales inventory has dropped substantially in this area, and hopefully by now, buyers realize that as equity values increased, owners borrowed against that equity, or employment status/ mortgage rates changed, etc, and they defaulted in their mortgage obligations. The resultant short sale/foreclosure sales have been devoured and there isn't much left.
This is not a bundled golf community but one of the few with pay-as-you-go at a great price, not to mention the fantastic amenities. It is also near three schools, EMS, Fire Dept. Sheriff's station, and 15 minutes from a hospital.
Unless one needs to trod every day to the beach or wade thru the congestion of 5th ave South traffic, this is the place to be! (or to explore some other local communities)

Your local realtor,
Mary Horesco
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 19, 2011
In my opinion Valencia Country Club offer some of the best value for larger homes in Collier County. The community is well maintained and many of the homes have great views of the Golf Course. Lots are large and homes are newer built by DR Horton who is still building in the community. Due to short sales and foreclosures you can get a real value on the purchase of distressed properties.

The only thing limiting values in the area is the distance from town. Many buyers select smaller homes on smaller lots to be closer to Naples and beaches.

If Valencia fits your lifestyle it is a great option. I would be happy to help you find your dream home in Valencia Country Club or an alternative location that fits you persoanl needs.

Ken Lowe - Realtor SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
Lowe1991@aol.com
Web Reference: http://www.ken-lowe.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 16, 2011
Robert,

There are some beautiful homes in this development. There are many short sales and foreclosures, but the development is very nice and kept well. There are no issues with Chinese Drywall, just a developer building at the wrong time. It's a great place to buy and make an investment. Contact me if you have any further questions.

Alisa M. Accardi
Downing-Frye Realty, Inc.
239-207-9633
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 16, 2011
Run, don't walk...away! Another reply further down stated it had a "HillBilly Vibe", he nailed it. We were totally lucky to have sold our home in there for half of what we purchased it for. It is infested with poor socioeconomically devastated renters. Dirty children, grimy homes, beat up trucks, indoor furniture as outdoor furniture, assessments handed out for the foreclosure and non-paying HOA people, and a poor school system. I give them an E for Effort for trying, but that is all. My children's learning time was taken up by illiterate and non-English speaking migrant children. The High School has huge issues with drugs and crime. It is quite often to hear about a Palmetto Ridge HS child involved with a murder or drug deals...just google it . There is no infrastructure, like we were promised when we bought. The quality of life out there is poor to say the least. Good Luck, pictures look great, but its a dump.
I really think you have mistaken another community for Valencia Golf and Country club. I agree the school system here is not the greatest but everything else you mentioned in your review above are untrue. I have not seen any of such things here. You should read your comment out loud and hear yourself "It is infested with poor socioeconomically devastated renters and dirty children" "My children's learning time was taken up by illiterate and non-English speaking migrant children". wow! whoever you are, you need Jesus) .
Flag Tue May 12, 2015
We bought a house in Valencia Golf and Country Club in September of 2012. I have not seen any couches on the lawn, beat up trucks or the like. We have never had an assessment or even a discussion of one. We do attend HOA meetings, so we keep up with events. The HOA does background checks on any purchaser or renter here. The rental period is a minimum of one year and they do not make it easy to rent here. We are originally from Denver and I admit the locals seem to use their garage for storage not cars, so there are many full driveways. The community is beautiful and well maintained, so I am puzzled about your comments. Do you mean Valencia Lakes?? We don't have kids in school anymore, so I can't address that.
Flag Mon May 11, 2015
Hi Robert,

Please find below a link for additional information about Valencia Country Club real estate --

http://www.napleshomes.com/idx/search.html?refine=true&s…

Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance with your real estate search, my cell is 239.500.8000 and my email is ryan@napleshomes.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ryan
http://www.napleshomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.napleshomes.com
I am not an agent but I went in there and looked at a house. Pictures look way better than when you get in there. Within minutes I could tell that the community is infested with renters. Investors probably went in and bought foreclosures and are leasing them out.

It had an un-kept, hillbilly vibe in there. I drove down to the cul-de-sac and there were beat up cars in the driveways, dirty looking kids running all over, big hillbilly (ratty looking) pick up trucks and lawn furniture was camping chairs. ( nice touch)

I can spot the trashy rental communities a mile away and that is absolutely what is going on there and that is why the prices are s low for big homes.

I wouldn't even consider buying a home in there.
how to view recent home sold 1668 double eagle trail
Hello ricebakr,
I would be more than happy to send you the statistics or information on a home recently sold. Please use my website as a resource, http://www.napleshomes.com. You can also feel free to call me at 239.244.1559 or reach me via email ryan@napleshomes.com and I would be more than happy to assist you.
Flag Sat Feb 1, 2014
As of today there are only 19 properties for sale in Valencia CC, which is a very small number. This is a very large, bundled golf community with close to 200 properties. Most of the community was built long before drywall became an issue. The housing styles comprise low-rise garden condos and single family homes or villas. It's a lovely community and because it has a bundled golf it not near the beach...which is reflected in it's price points. But, if the beach is not your thing...then what does it matter. The county water park is about 10 miles west. Roads are good and it does not take much time to get to I-75.
Want more specific information, contact me directly.

KathyBC
Web Reference: http://www.AroundNaples.com
Peak built community not close to the beach.......recipe for disaster. Great Value now though. We have sold three out there this year. Let me know if you would like to discuss your options.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Bonita-Estero-RealEstate.com
HI Robert,
There have been many short sales and foreclosures in this neighborhood only because most of the people bought in there at the peak of the market and are upside down in their mortgages,not because of Chinese drywall issues. I too, am a full time licensed real estate agent that lives about 2 minutes from this community. I watched it go up.
There are great deals to be had in there. The community is very close to newer elementary, middle and high schools along with a newer university. The great thing about this community is that it is a golf community but it is on a public golf course so you don't have to absorb the fees while living there. There is also a guard at the gate! The fees there are nice and low.
There is a link to my website for you to either ask more questions or search the listings. Feel free to call or email me with any more questions and I will be happy to help you. Good luck in your quest!
Linda Rodgers
Direct: 239-777-0687
Dear Robert: My name is Mike Gehring. I'm a full-time, licensed real estate professional here in Naples and I have experience listing and selling houses in Valencia Country Club. Right now, according to the MLS, there are 20 houses in Valencia Country Club currrently listed for sale. Less than half of those are short sales or foreclosures. I represented a buyer who purchased a 3 bedroom house in the neighborhood this time last year. The property was a short sale and my buyer paid $155,000. The seller had purchased the home brand new from the developer for $300,000 in 2005 so do the math. My buyer got a great deal (50% the price in 2005.) They also did a chinese drywall inspection and found none. As a buyer, you can and should conduct any inspections you deem necessary during the home inspection period. This can include a regular home inspection, mold test, radon test, termite test, chinese drwayll test, etc. This is your due dilligence period and only protection since most sales are final. Do not let anyone try to talk you out of this. Even if the home is a short sale, foreclosure or being sold "as-is," you, as a buyer, still have a right to have it inspected and choose to not purchase the property if your inspections uncover something that is not acceptable to you. If you would like to work with an experienced agent, please contact me for a list of all the homes currently listed for sale in the neighborhood at (239) 280-6341 or via email at: Mike@MikeGehring.com.
Web Reference: http://www.MikeGehring.com