Home Buying in New Hyde Park>Question Details

James Connor, Home Buyer in New York

what are the property taxes for zip code 11040 ?

Asked by James Connor, New York Tue Dec 14, 2010

Me and my wife are looking to maybe buy a home in new hyde park...

Help the community by answering this question:


Keep in mind that properties taxes vary by location, property size, schools, upgrades, etc., if you are asking about a specific property please feel free to contact me directly for the information, or ask your agent, or check out http://www.mlsli.com or check mynassauproperty.com, or contact the tax assessor's office.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 14, 2010
You can find tax information for any property by going to the county's website. Tax info is public information and a 10 year tax history should be easily found.
Mike Milligan
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 9, 2013
Property tax for 8921 C west swan road Milwaukee wi 53225
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 9, 2013
Do you have a certant property in mind?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 14, 2010
Hi James,

Property taxes in New Hyde Park, as in any neighborhood, will vary depending on the school district the property is in - students in New Hyde Park will attend schools in either the New Hyde Park-Garden City Park School District, the Herricks School District or the Great Neck School District - , the lot size, the interior square footage of the home, the number of baths, whether there is a deck or patio, as well as other considerations. Having said that the range in New Hyde Park is approximately $5000.00 - $13,500.00, a rather large difference.

If there is a particular house that you are interested in I would be happy to let you know what the taxes are on that house. Also, if you would like, if you let me know what type of home and price range you are thinking of, I could send you listings of homes that would include the property taxes so that you could get a general idea of what's available in the neighborhood and compare the prices with the taxes. Please let me know if you would like to take advantage of this free service.


Arlynn B. Palmer, ESQ, SRES, CBR, CMS, CNS
Associate Broker, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Claire Sobel
Direct: (516)410-3594
Email: Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com
Web Reference: http://www.ArlynnPalmer.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 14, 2010
Your local county government should have a website with tax information to which you can refer. Contact a local REALTOR who can give you a range of taxes you would pay on the size of home you are looking for. Land & Building assessments differ for every property but a good "ballpark" number should help. A good real estate agent will also know of any zoning / tax options you can look for to help ease the tax burden if thats a key component of your purchasing power.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 14, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer