Home Buying in Bay Shore>Question Details

Artvasena, Home Buyer in Bay Shore, NY

what are the property taxes?

Asked by Artvasena, Bay Shore, NY Tue Sep 4, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3071649592-9B-Hemlock-Dr-52-B…

Answers

3
Good morning Artvasena,

Never trust the listing when it comes to property taxes. I'd recommend that you visit Town Hall or County Clerk's office to verify property taxes on ANY property you are seriously interested in purchasing. The MLS Listing has a disclaimer about the accuracy of the information presented, including and especially with regard to property taxes.

If the home is located in an Incorporated Village in Suffolk or Nassau Counties then be sure to visit Village Hall, too. Incorporated Villages have their own property tax assessments on top of County and School Taxes.

I can't tell you how many times throughout my career as a Mortgage Banker my clients have discovered the true property taxes (usually HIGHER) after they made an Offer or signed a contract to purchase a home.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 5, 2012
According to MLS taxes are $1,878.23; common charges $539.49 and maintenance $383.24; for other available area properties check http://www.mlsli.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 5, 2012
That property is listed as a "short sale". The listing says that the property taxes are about $1900 per year. However, they also have both common charges and maintenance charges listed on the same property which is probably not accurate. Common charges are usually for condos (which is what this listing is) AND at the same time has maintenance charges (usually for coops). If you're interested in this (or any other) property, I would be happy to assist you. Good luck.