Home Buying in 97223>Question Details

Nyc, Home Buyer in 97223

what are the property tax rates in Washington County?

Asked by Nyc, 97223 Sun Jul 10, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:



This is the information direct from Washington County on Appealing your real property taxes:
The appeal forms are located at: http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/PTD/BOPTA.shtml

Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Washington County Property Tax Appeal
Washington County
Assessment & Taxation
155 N. First Avenue, Suite 130
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Phone: 503-846-8741

Property Tax Appeals:
A property owner can appeal the valuation of the property to the local Board of Property Tax Appeals. Petitions to the board must be filed between late October, when the tax statements are mailed, and December 31. Petitions are filed in the office of the county clerk in the county where the property is located. There is no fee for filing an appeal with the Board of Property Tax Appeals.

The Board of Property Tax Appeals also can hear appeals of penalties assessed for the late filing of real and personal property returns. The board has jurisdiction to waive all or a portion of a penalty if the petitioner can prove there was good and sufficient cause for the late filing or for first-time non-filers.

Board hearings are informal, and the property owner is not required to have an attorney present. The owner(s) can sign the petition to the board and represent themselves at the hearing or authorize certain other persons to sign the petition for them. Those persons who can be authorized to sign a petition are explained on the petition form. Hearings are scheduled sometime between the first Monday in February and April 15. The clerk of the board will notify the petitioner of the time and place to appear.

Owners of industrial property appraised by the Oregon Department of Revenue may choose to file their appeals directly with the Magistrate Division of the Oregon Tax Court, rather than with the Board of Property Tax Appeals. There is a fee for filing an appeal with the Magistrate Division. The deadline for filing an appeal with the Magistrate Division is also December 31.

If a property owner is not satisfied with the board's decision regarding property value, the property owner may appeal to the Magistrate Division of the Oregon Tax Court. Magistrate decisions can be appealed to the Regular Division of the Tax Court. Decisions of the Regular Division of the Tax Court can be appealed to the Oregon Supreme Court
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 21, 2011
Nyc, the taxes for Washington county are about $19 per $1,000. There was the large $100 million TVPR park bond of a couple of years ago and that raised all the taxes $2 to $3 a thousand over the normal taxes to this new amount. These are general numbers but close because all of Washington Co is not the same. The special tax levies are above the 3% the city raises them each year that you cannot stop. If you want to protest your taxes you will need to do it after November 15 and before Jan 1, 2012. You will need a current appraisal on the property with in 6 months. The state of Oregon has the forms.

Tom Inglesby, Broker
RE/MAX Equity Group inc
ABR, CRS, Earth Advantage EA S.T.A.R. Certified Distress Property Expert
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 12, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer