Home Buying in Arlington>Question Details

Tasha, Other/Just Looking in Arlington, MA

what are the programs offered to first time buyers in Arlington/in Ma?

Asked by Tasha, Arlington, MA Fri Jan 1, 2010

Answers

6
There's the First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit until April 2010, then there are programs through FHA and HUD. The FTHTC is automatic, but a mortgage officer would know which one of the other two you qualify for when you get preapproved.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 2, 2010
Speak with a mortgage lender. They will (should) have access to Mass Housing loans geared to helping first timers, like yourself, with a nice loan.
Hi Tasha,
You can take advantage of First-time home buyer Tax credit program, and get 8000 in tax credit if you sign paperwork for your home purchase by Apr.30 and have closing by July 1. Depending on type of the property and price there are few another programs such FHA loans. As was mentioned bellow Energy efficiency program and there is also one more program I want to mention its Appliance Rebate Program (30% of cost up to $1,500).
Hi Tasha,
In addition to the excellent resources and advice already listed, I wanted to mention that there are also programs available to help make your home (even your first home) more energy efficient. For example, there's the MassSAVE Heat Loan Program, which lends up to $15,000 at 0% interest with a seven-year payback period, to be used for any and all improvements to a home that make it more energy efficient (like replacing the windows, etc.).
You can check for more resources on my blog at http://cybergreenrealty.wordpress.com. If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know!
--Tim
Hi Tasha- We are a full service lender that offers the Mass Housing programs (directly). We have numerous branch offices around you as well.
If you'l like me to run some specific numbers for you, please let me know. You can contact me by email if you'd like. Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.

PS- Yes- with the Fed. tax credit, you need to sign a P&S by April 30th at the latest to take advantage of that...
My guess is mortgage rates will be higher in April than they are right now...
Hello:

I am currently selling a condo in Arlington and the first time home buyer is using the Mass Housing program which is allowing a very small down payment. There are some really unique programs for well qualified buyers. Please contact if you have any questions otherwise best of luck. Tom