AA, Home Buyer in New Jersey

what are the nicest subdivisions in Brentwood & Franklin for around $300-350?

Asked by AA, New Jersey Tue Oct 25, 2011

Answers

15
we are from NY and sooo used to a VERY long commute & serious traffic! My husband will be travelling to Nashville close to Vanderbilt. Tollgate is appealing - liked the "style" and amenities. Would love to have no yard work but still outdoor living. I understand that it is a bit pricey per square foot though - i see a few resales in there - may have to bump up our range if we decide we like it enough. Any other similar neighborhood we should check out? Have seen and like Clovercroft as well. We are doing a little preliminary scouting & will get down to business in the next week or two!
thanks for all of the "local" input!
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
There is currently very limited inventory in this price range and the homes are moving rather quickly. Please contact me with your requirements and I will help identify homes that meet your needs. I provide a luxury home buying experience like no other agent in the market and can be reached at 615-209-0950 or visit my website at http://www.limohomesearch.com to learn more.
I have worked with a few buyers very recently who purchased their new homes in Tollgate Village. I was very impressed with the quality of construction, the community amenities and the wonderful sales people who were super helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process. Are you thinking about building a new home?

-Lindsey Maestas
615-714-3665
Totally understand, we moved here form southern California years ago and - not to worry – there really isn’t THAT kind of traffic in Nashville; though you’ll be surprised how soon you get tired of our traffic spots too :-)

Yes, there are a few more communities that I’d be sure to check out that offer a similar lifestyle (for instance, Moores Landing, Lenox Village, etc) depending on your preferences. Is there time this week to discuss specifics?

Kevin Pellatiro
Hoping to help you take advantage of the market – when you are ready.
(615)714-7918 | kpellatiro@realtracs.com
Depends on your preferences.Tollgate Village now has some strong new activity beginning below $200,000, but your stated price range (well, the broader $275,000-375,000) shows a 30%+ premium over the price of surrounding area homes -- and almost 15% more than your choices in Brentwood.

Again the brand new housing from Dock Street Communities (BTW serious neighborhood expertise from their on-site sales agent Pegan Sherick who started the Tollgate Village community years ago) may allow you to purchase well below your price range > 1,100-2,800 square foot homes from $184-350k > but ...what are you looking for in your next home?

Convenience to I-65 and Cool Springs might be fine in both locations, but if you are headed to Nashville or Maryland Farms for work - the traffic delays south of the Highway 96 may be a factor for you.

Also, the style of housing/living is a stark difference maker. Is the style of Tollgate Village (much newer homes, neighborhood stores, etc) more what you are looking for - or - is it the location of Brentwood more appealing? Both are fair, but which one is more YOU?

Kevin Pellatiro
Web Reference: http://WhenYouAreReady.net
thanks for the responses!! Let's through this into the mix..... what do you think about Thompson's Station? Tollgate Village in particular?
These are all good answers from my colleagues and you wouldn't go wrong with any of their suggested neighborhoods. I did want to add that while the Franklin and Brentwood market is strong we do occassionally see a short sale or foreclosure for a very desirable price in your range and in a great neighborhood though you do have to act fast to be the one to get it. Best of luck and of course I'm happy to help as well.
Elizabeth
Quick answer below. Longer explanation first:

---

For a fixer upper or renovated older home? You might put Brenthaven or Brentwood Hills or Carondelet on your list to consider depending on whether you want to be close to Cool Springs or Maryland Farms or I-65.

Bridgeton Park or Chestnut Springs if you are looking for newer and still affordable in Brentwood TN. Note: Chestnut Springs HOA also covers lawn maintenance, so that’s something to consider if the size of home is a match (2,000-3,500 square feet). I love that both are so close to Owl Park along Concord Road.

People sometimes forget that older Courtside at Southern Woods has a lot to choose from in your price range, and now a new builder to our area is starting brand new homes in nearby FountainBrooke that might be of consideration for you (if brand new is a fun option for you). Raintree Forest has some beautiful old growth trees, plus the pool and tennis courts of a much more modern neighborhood, and is a quick location to both Cool Springs and I-65 via Moores Lane or Concord Road. If you can find the right lot with privacy, this community might be a good fit in between those new homes vs. old for you as well.

Hillview Estates isn’t very close to I-65 for the daily commute, but does offer the highly rated Scales Elementary School. Probably a fixer upper or well maintained older home there for you. For a closer option attending scales, and if 60’s ranches are a part of your search, the Meadowlake and Iroquois communities are in the heart of Brentwood off of Franklin Road. They can be pricey, but could be worth the work over time if you want to consider the investment side of things.

Stonehenge has some slightly odd 70’s ranches, split levels, and that mid century modern feel has even made its way into some of the updated or renovated homes there along Franklin Road.

And still there are more… even a few outside of neighborhoods altogether if you are looking for that sort of feel.

--

Of all of these, if you are looking for 1) turnkey move in ready, 2) relatively new or open floor plan, 3) pool and amenities that you will actually use, 4) Convenience to I-65 and offices in either Cool Springs / Maryland Farms, or Nashville (West End, Downtown, etc) … one neighborhood not to miss in your search: Chestnut Springs.

Does that help to answer your question direectly KA?
((By the way, quick link below to the homes in your search from the beggining of this year until today))

Kevin Pellatiro
Well, hello KA,

You have some good answers, but I thought I would put my 2 cents in, as I have been selling in Brentwood and Franklin for 20 years....There are so many great neighborhoods to pick from at this time and I have tried to send you a link to both Brentwood and Franklin....In Brentwood, many couples love those older homes when Brentwood was first established in the 1960's and as such, have driven the prices up on those "one acre lots".....However there are several to choose from - Carondelet, Brenthaven, Southern Woods,Bridgeton Park...but you might like and the northern edge of Brentwood in which there is a small town of Nolensville (which is adjacent and closely related to Brentwood). Those neighborhoods are Bent Creek, Silver Stream,Ballenger Farms

In Franklin, I have separated by subdivisions, but some of the most popular are Forrest Crossing, Dallas Downs,Buckingham Park, Cannonwood, Fieldstone Farms, Founders Point, Westhaven, Moores Landing,Villages of Clovercroft and the very popular Sullivan Farms...

The Cool Springs area is a hybrid between Brentwood and Franklin, so also desirable

If you have more criteria and would like automatic e-mails on listings, please e-mail at LauraScott@RealTracs.com.....Also if the links do not open, I can send to you directly and would love to be of help to you...

Laura

Pilkerton Realtors
2 Cadillac Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027
615.977.9088
615.371.2474

Try Control-click

http://listings.realtracs.com/BuyerFull.aspx?EmailID=44624059
http://listings.realtracs.com/BuyerFull.aspx?EmailID=44624024
Hi KA, Looks like Jim and Melissa have actually given you straight answers to your question... they addressed Brentwood exclusively, and that's what you asked for. That tells you something about them (I actually do not know them, but they follow directions... so I like them already. You should probably follow up with them. I own The Morris Companies, LLC which is a "hybrid" RE company. This means that our company has a Residential Division and a Commercial Division. I am a CCIM (see CCIM.com) if you're interested in what that is, but in short it's one of the most respected and difficult to achieve commercial real estate designation there is. I focus primarily on CRE, but also have Residential Agents that I would have suggested to you, had you not already have potentially found yourself a couple of "direct question answering RE agents". I'll be glad to help you in anyway, with answers to questions that you may want a 3rd party perspective on questions that involve areas in which I have become an expert in during my 15 years in Nashville RE. They are" 1. Giving direct, straight answers to both Residential and Commercial questions (as opposed to answering a question with a question, or telling what you want to hear). 2. Any issues involving financial analysis of Residential or Commercial RE (I am President of the Middle TN CCIM Chapter and Chair the Commercial Committee of the Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS) and/or 3. Help you buy investment real estate, should you ever need that service. I also believe that if you help enough people in life get what they want that you will eventually get what you want. Please feel free to call on me if you would like to my opinion on anything RE. I don't personally work with buyers currently, but did for about 10 years and won a bunch of plagues that are in a drawer and not on my office wall these days... so I will give it to you straight... if you want advice. Btw, be sure to Google anyone's name before you choose to do business with them... that will tell you a lot about who they really are. Love Chattanooga btw and know a lot of wonderful agents in the area. Gotta go now, call me if you need me. Good luck and welcome to "Nash Vegas"! Phil@MorrisUS.com or 615-476-6738
Web Reference: http://www.MorrisUS.com
While most of the other agents address Franklin, we would like to share a few Brentwood subdivisions worth looking into. Many of the Brentwood homes are older as stated i.e. Carondelet and Brenthaven which are both in terrific locations--some of these older homes have been renovated. And then there are a few subdivisions with newer homes like Bridgeton Park, Chestnut Springs, Courtside at Southern Woods, FountainBrooke (on the higher end of your range). Plus there is the short sale/foreclosure market if you have the patience!

If you have school age children, that may be a consideration. If you do not and resale is not a major future concern, then you may wish to consider Brentwood/Davidson County -- you get most of the amenities of Brentwood, with a lower price point and that opens up many more options...

Would love to help, we live in and love Brentwood!

http://www.shopallbrentwoodhomes.com
Is this where I jump in and try to nab you as a buyer all while acting like I really want to help you? Hahaha!

Seriously though...KA it seems like your question needs a little more definition. If I'm looking at neighborhoods that are in the price point you have listed then I could send you a list of things that meet your price need. Obviously you already have that information so that would be redundant.

What I can help you with is isolating the features that are most important to you and then locating those homes within your price range. Start by listing all of the things that are important to you in a home; location, size, price, community amenities, etc. and then give these important desires priority by ranking them. Once you have a prioritized list of things that are important to you, then you can begin an effective search for your home. I'm happy to help you work through this process - no strings attached. Hope this helps YOU!

Clay
While I agree with Chris, first I think we should meet to identify your needs and desires. Size, age, design, function, are important aspects of your home buying decision. I would be glad to consult with you on these issues then we can identify neighborhoods.

Great question, would just like to follow up with a few more questions.

Thanks call me to setup consultation.

Mike Grumbles
Exit Realty of the South
615-587-5843
http://Www.franklinTNRealEstateGuide.com
You can find homes in Brentwood for this price but they are older homes. With the exception of Chestnut Springs.

There are currently about 100 homes in this price range in Franklin and Brentwood. There are even new construction homes at this price point in Franklin. Some of the new homes can be found in:

Barclay Place
Creekstone
Ladd Park
Villages of Clovercroft
Westhaven (townhomes)
Willowsprings

There are many established neighborhoods as well. Including:

Forrest Crossing
Fieldstone Farms
Founders Pointe
Spencer Hall
Sullivan Farms
McKays Mill
Moores Landing

You'll find lots more info on my website, http://www.TammieWhite.com. Please feel free to call with additonal questions, (615) 495-0752.
Web Reference: http://www.TammieWhite.com
You won't get much in Brentwood (Williamson County) in that price range so I would stick to Franklin where your selection is much greater. Some of my favorites in that price range would be:

Founders Pointe
Fieldstone Farms
Westhaven (very few)
Sullivan Farms and
Ladd Park

Feel free to give me a ring. I'd be happy to assist you.

Chris Mannino, SFR
Affiliate Broker
The Lipman Group Sotheby's International Realty
2325 Crestmoor Road, Suite L-4 Nashville, Tennessee 37215
Cell 615.299.7995 Office 615.463.3333 Fax 615.463.3311
Email chrismannino@comcast.net
My Website http://www.chrismanninohomes.com
Company Website http://www.thelipmangroup.com
International Website http://www.sir.com