Home Buying in Los Alamitos>Question Details

Fattery, Both Buyer and Seller in 92620

what are the best places to buy a townhouse 3 br near Los Alamitos, bixby village, seal beach areas?

Asked by Fattery, 92620 Sun Apr 3, 2011

Answers

8
Los Alamitos/Rossmoor has some very attractive townhomes. An added plus is if you have school aged children , you will be in the award winning Los Alamitos Unified School district!

Best of luck to you.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
It is possible to get a nice condo in Rossmoor / Seal Beach with 3 bedrooms. They don't need to spend $500K either. The largest unit is between 1500-1617sqft & these are going for approx. $325-370K. If you'd like to go to google maps & type in 12400 Montecito Rd. Seal Beach, that will show you the row of Condos/Townhomes for Rossmoor / Seal Beach that are most popular.

I just did an open house yesterday, a trust sale, 3b 1213sqft, they've given it a fire sale price of just $309K, it's mostly original & needs cosmetic fixings. Others that are available are a bit more cosmetically appealing.

I live in Rossmoor & would be happy to let you know about all the different features in each of the 5 condo communities to choose from in this area. Alternatively you can search in the MLS, just like I do at my web link below. OR Email or call me directly & we can get started. They can hang onto the other $150K they don't need to spend on a condo & put it into their will for YOU!

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 cell
Realtor Since 1996
I have a 2 bedroom + den, 2 bathroom, 1-level condo across the street from Bixby Village. The den was made into a 3rd bedroom (has closet and double doors). The owner remodeled it throughout with granite, tile, etc. The price is only $349,900.
I'd be happy to send you more information and/or show it to you.
Richard
For townhomes, we should look at Tanglewood near Bloomfield and Ball in Cypress. There are some less expensive areas in LA County that could work as well.
Fattery,

As your parents are "older", they would probably prefer a single story. In Rossmoor, those are becoming harder to find as many buyers have built up if not completely rebuilt. I just searched Rossmoor and the area North and East of it. The lowest priced single family, detached home is $615,000. There is one three bedroom, two bath condo listed for $362,000 in the Rossmoor Townhomes. Would your parents consider Garden Park (Garden Grove)? My kids grew up in that neighborhood and we loved it.

If you could provide me with more specifics, I could help find them something to fit their needs. Give me a call or drop me an email.
We're already finished with the selling and buying process. This would be for my older parents who would be downsizing to the area. Their budget would be up to $500K and they prefer something on the newer side, as close to Rossmoor or in Rossmoor as possible.
There are great places to live in all these areas. Before anyone can provide effective guidance, they will need to know what is most important to you in choosing a location to live. Previously, you were looking in the South Bay and expressed an interest in great schools. Is that still a concern for you? What other factors are important to you and/or your family? What about commute time, parks, proximity to the beach. If you could fill in the details it would be easier to help you. If you would like to speak with me directly about this, feel free to give me a call. If you want a wider response, then post more details here. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, QSC®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource – SFR®
Certified HAFA Specialist – CHS®
SSG Pro®
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
424-2HELP12 (424-243-5712)
myrealestateanswers@gmail.com
Your question is wide open........how much do you want to spend per month and what kind of down payment to you have? I am sure you will have a ton of agents answering this question, but I always put the horse in front of the buggy! Next questions is, it appears you will be selling your property, get it listed...the pricing index I have been following for the past 25 years is stating that we will see yet......ANOTHER drop in the housing prices. Another 12 to 18 % is predicted. So, get that property sold and wait and watch. I can not be too wrong, I am an investor myself and I still have equity in my investments. Best of luck!