Home Buying in Anthem>Question Details

T, Home Buyer in Anthem, AZ

what are the average hoa fees for anthem, az? Also, any bond or mello roo type fees?

Asked by T, Anthem, AZ Tue Aug 17, 2010

Answers

7
Jonathan Dalton’s answer
Just be aware, T, Cindy is offering to refer you to another agent most likely in hopes of securing a referral fee - a portion of the commission being redirected back to her. Thus the advertisement for the Cartus system (of which I used to be a part once upon a time) rather than providing an answer or otherwise acknowledging that the HOA fees you requested already have been provided.
No mello roo fees. Bonds are connected to your property taxes and assess that way. Usually fire, community college, and schools are the bonds. There are several different communities in Anthem. Parkside which HOA fees are about 80 a month; The Landings about 90 a month; The Villages (condos) which are about 250 a month; and the Club area which has two fees: HOA of about 150 a month, and then recreation of 150 as well, or golf membership which varies depending on the membership option.

It is a great community with so many choices.... I have lived here since November 1999, and my kids have grown up here too!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 14, 2012
Having lived in Anthem for 4 years, I can tell you that you will pay $240 per quarter - $80 per month - in HOA fees, and they are not rising. For that fee you get a health club membership including a pool and water park, along with community groundskeeping and parks and the like. It does not include trash pick up or yard maintenance. Trash is under $20 a month (paid twice a year) and you can find yard work for $40 a month.

Water is relatively expensive - can run $100 a month - and power will be seasonal, high in the summer ($250 peak) and low in the winter ($35), mostly for AC use - can average $100 over the full year. Your other utilities will vary with what you want (cable, phone etc) - but that covers the major fixed charges beyond your mortgage. Properties taxes are quite low and also not rising, but that will generally be included in your mortgage payment.

I hope that helps. Oh and by the way, I strongly recommend Anthem as a place to live - it's great here. Tons of house for the money, beautiful weather, and a nice family-friendly community.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 11, 2012
We do not have mello roo fees, which is great news! There are many lovely areas in Anthem to consider, if you are looking at a single family home in the Anthem Country Club you will be paying $421.50 quarterly as well as the social dues of $148.65 per month, a single family home in the un-gated area of Parkside will cost $235.95 quarterly, there is the Parkside neighborhood known as the Landing which has electronic gates and is at a cost of $295.35 quarterly, The Villages at Anthem which are condominiums and include water and trash in their $257.63 monthly dues and finally we have the Paseo's, where the exterior landscape maintenance is included at a cost of $112.85 monthly. All very lovely properties! As an Anthem resident and Business owner since its inception, I can tell you it is a wonderful place to live too!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 20, 2010
Randy had a reason not to be familiar with Mello Roos fees - they don't exist in Arizona.

HOA fees are approximately $235 quarterly in Parkside and $421 in the Country Club. If you're looking at Anthem West or other of the newer areas outside the main portion, the HOA fees vary.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 18, 2010
Hi T,

HOA and Mello Roos taxes are specific to the neighborhood not the city. You would need an address and a Realtor that is part of the areas board to find the specific answers for that property.

Good Luck

Chris Blasic
Realty World & Associates
I have no idea what "mello roo" fees are, and there are no published 'average' HOA fees. What size house? Gate community? Community pool? Too many variables to 'average' the HOA fees.