Home Buying in Palmdale>Question Details

Isela Venegas, Home Buyer in Palmdale, CA

what are my chances of buying a home with my poor credit but making a large sum as a down payment? I need help

Asked by Isela Venegas, Palmdale, CA Tue Dec 18, 2012

Answers

8
Depends on how poor your credit is. There are a lot of options out there if you have a large down payment.
I would recommend for you to make an appointment to speak with a lender. If you have copies of your credit report take that along with income information. A lender could go over your financial situation and advise you better. It is advantageous for a lender to know the big picture for your benefit to avoid mis guiding you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 23, 2012
If you are sitting on a large sum of cash, it makes more sense to me for you to pay back the debts and account balances that are dragging your credit down! Bad credit follows you around everywhere...sooner or later it needs to be addressed....use what you have to pay things off.

Best of luck.
You should start with meeting a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailify you at no cost and let you kjnow what programs are available given your credit and financials and what the cost or down payments will be.
Isela,
There are over 20 ways to fund the purchase of a home. One of them is to use a big box lender.
Your situation must be reviewed by a pro who has experience with multiple funding strategies and has the skill to create the contract that protects all parties involved.
-
The start of the conversation with the resource that will provide a solution for you should should sound like, "How many funding strategies do you have experience with?" If everyone is pulling water from the same well you can not expect a different outcome.
-
When you have identified the right solutions provider, you need to demonstrate you are serious by picking up the phone and calling.
No, don't use that 'contact' button.
No, don't use Trulia email.
Go old school and call......only if you are serious.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, Fl
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Call me; I will introduce you to my lender. He will review your credit and suggest what your next steps should be. You may be able to purchase a home or correct your credit sooner than you think.

(Chyna) Brenda Weems-Hunter
661-609-2353
Hello Isela Venegas,

Obtaining a traditional loan may be difficult, the first step is speaking with a local reputable lender in the area you are planning to purchase. Sometimes people feel that they have "poor credit" but the credit is sufficient for obtaining a loan.

An untraditional option is to find a seller willing to enter into a Lease Option - in the Antelope Valley area we have several Lease Option properties available. This is an active link to currently listed Lease Option Properties:
http://www.tamarastoebe.com/prutroth/index.asp?p=buildsaveds…

With a Lease Option, you make a large downpayment, a portion of your monthly housing payment is considered rent and a portion is credited towards your future house downpayment.

Example ONLY:

House is listed for $100,000 - owner has no loans, owner accepts a lease deposit of $10,000 (will be credited towards your future purchase of home), buyer makes monthly payments of $750 - $500 is rent and $250 is credited towards your future downpayment. Typically term is anywhere from 18 months to 36 months. You've basically agreed to purchase the home on the installment plan. Everything must be in writing, a proper contract executed and you will need to keep track of your monthly payments. During the term you will need to actively work on your credit to get it to the point that you can obtain a loan and complete the purchase of the home. A good local lender will work with you and assist you in creating a future loan purchase plan.

If your interested in sitting down and finding a creative solution, I'm interested in assisting you. Let me know how I can help. Have a great evening.

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR/Notary
GRI, e-PRO, CHS, QSC
DRE License #01827461
Prudential Troth REALTORS
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
(661) 466-6849
Fax (661) 422-3006
http://www.TamaraStoebe.com
That really depends upon your "poor" credit. Some people think they have poor credit and they do, others think they do and they don't really. This is something that calls for a face to face with a local lender. I have seen people who thought they had less than stellar credit purchase a home.

Call me and I can direct you to a local lender that can get you started, be it to purchase a home or to correct your credit.

Don Gockel, Broker
661-273-6654
Isela, no credit is easy to deal with as long as you have taken care of the "bad" credit. Please call me, I will set you up with a LOCAL lender.
Flag Wed Dec 19, 2012
i just have no good outstanding credit...but i want to make half of what the home is worth for a down pmt...i cleaned up my credit just a few minor things..i
Flag Tue Dec 18, 2012