Home Buying in Schenectady>Question Details

queenna_love…, Home Buyer in Schenectady, NY

what all comes with buying a house for the first time?

Asked by queenna_lovely, Schenectady, NY Sun Jan 6, 2013

Answers

4
Many advantages with buying the house for the first time. You are setting down roots in your community. This gives you a place to raise a family or enjoy a neighborhood. The second most important advantage is the tax advantages that you can write off on your income tax. All the interest deductions of the interest on the mortgage. Best of all you can decorate your home as you see fit without having to get permission from a landlord.
DOREEN ROSS, REALTOR
518 366=3659
Congrats on your upcoming home purchase. The process is much easier than most peoplel think, especially if you hire an experienced local Realtor to assist you. Your first step is pre-qualification with a good local lender. Your Realtor will likely have several they work with that do a good job. Then it is on to the shopping! And finally the contract and settlement phase. During that period your agent will do most of the work for you. Happy closing!
Hi Queena_lovely,

As Mike said, the most important thing is to get pre-approved by a bank or with a mortgage broker. It will give you a good idea with where you're at and where you can go from there.

I am a First-time Homebuyer Specialist and would be happy to help you in anyway that I can with your search. My services come at no cost to you on any listed property that you would purchase. My fee comes out of the transaction at closing. Thus, please feel free to contact me and we can talk at length about the process and your next steps. I'm available every day of the week from 8am-8pm.

~Tori Romeo
NYS Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Certified Buyer Representative
Bliss Properties of NY
tori@blisspropertiesofny.com
518-788-8865
The first thing you normally want to do is get pre-approved for a mortgage. That way, you and your Realtor will have an idea of what price range you should be looking at.