Classy40D, Home Buyer in Volcano, HI

what about the area are their stores and if so what are they /like?

Asked by Classy40D, Volcano, HI Wed Jun 20, 2012

i mean supplies readily available? Pricies ratings? and what about satelite provivers phone services/ coverage? how are the local people to late comers? and Churches? local animales? Rain Forrest?? and by in general whats a typical day and night like? i dont smoke/ drink/ or do illegal anyhng but i do love to play the violin (learrning) pretty much dont like to bbother anyone but am looking for my perfect corne of the world..someplace i can be happy and have a good life.

Answers

3
Aloha Classy,
There are two convenience stores in Volcano and another on the recreational military base (Kilauea Military Camp) within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. There is phone, satellite, cable available to most places in Volcano. There are a few churches as well; New Hope, Hale Lokahi (non-denomination) , Catholic church in Mt. View.

Volcano is a great community with many artist residents. There is one of few golf courses on this side of the island and the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park nearby with great scenery, hiking, culture and art gallery. There are amenities within walking distance of homes in the Village; quaint restaurants, a great farmer's market, the Volcano Art Center which promotes music, plays and art of all types, post office, several local art studios, hardware store, two gas stations and many vacation rental B&Bs. The weather is cool at an elevation of about 3,500ft surrounded by native rain forest which attracts misty clouds that bank up against out second largest mountain; Mauna Loa. Volcano is a magical place that has a very welcoming and safe feel. It is far from any major cities and has little traffic.

I grew up in Volcano and still live close by, so you can imagine it has a special place in my heart.
I own a house in Volcano, but spend the majority of my time on Oahu. There's a lot of different things to consider on the Big Island - lava zone rating, coqui frog noise, vog, lava tubes, etc. It'd be easier to answer your questions with a phone call - or else I'll end up writing a short novel! Cindy at 808-381-6848.
Aloha
hello cindy, is there any cedar homes for sale in volcano? what is market looking for volcano? has prices and offers been on the rise like oahu?
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013
Aloha,

The best thing to do is contact a local agent. Search for agents in Puna, Hilo, or Volcano.
Welcome to Hawaii.

Although I travel to the Big Island, it's best to talk to someone locally.

Frank Diaz
(RA) MBA, e-PRO, REALTOR®
East Oahu Realty
808.723.0900 cell
808.791.2277 direct
888.433.1931 fax
http://hawaiihome.biz/