Penny, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

west orange demographics and taxes

Asked by Penny, Brooklyn, NY Fri Jul 6, 2012

Answers

7
Jonathan Citron’s answer
There are some very good bargains in West Orange and some wonderful properties to purchase at discounted prices due to the amount of 'for sale' inventory. Mortgage rates remain low. A qualified buyer has the advantage in this real estate market in this town.

Demographics is something for the buyer to work out, Penny. There are enough resources at hand to make determinations about specific issues you feel need to be addressed and answered to your satisfaction and liking starting at the federal level, then state and county, and down to the local and municipal governmental level; schools, shopping, transportation, places of worship, etc. It's all there.

If you are not familiar with driving in the area, ask your buyer's agent for a tour of neighborhoods of your choice and see a few homes at that time, too. This will help you start to get the lay of the land.

Jonathan
I am interested in being notified of 2 br 2 bath + condos for sale in W. Orange, NJ. Thank you.
for dempgraphic information..........try:

http://www.city-data.com

Taxes for homes in the 300,000 range could run 7500-10,000, depending on the home.

What price range are you looking for?

I have a number of useful links with school and town information on my website - feel free to take a look..........
Best wishes!

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
http://www.DebbieRoseSells.com
Excellent answer. On your way!
As West Orange-based Realtors, we're happy to answer your questions. The demographics are rich and varied, as are the architectural styles. The town attracts residents who appreciate both the local amenities, services and shopping but also the convenient commute into NYC. Taxes have been high in West Orange but the town recently re-assessed and many property owners saw their taxes actually reduced, sometimes substantially. For example, we have a 4BR, 2.2 Bath listing that was featured in a June 16th Wall St. Journal article about West Orange that has very reasonable taxes, especially considering all the improvements made to the property. It has flawless, high-end designer renovations in the gourmet chef's kitchen and bathrooms and a beautiful deep back yard and paver patio, and the taxes are only $10,502. We are hosting Open House there this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 - 4:00 at 147 Mt. Pleasant Ave. We'd love for you to join us, enjoy a cold lemonade, and see this fabulous West Orange gem. You can locate the listing and photos on Garden State MLS #2946357.
Hi Penny,

If you provide a little more information as to what you are asking, I can certainly help.
What two wonderful questions! The taxes are a bit high. Yes to the demographics. Happy hunting. All the best, Jonathan