Monina  Corr…, Other/Just Looking in 10533

we want to buy a house in irvington, ny because of the great school district. we are renting here but cannot

Asked by Monina Correa, 10533 Sun Sep 28, 2008

afford to buy a house since the cheapest is more than 500K. with 4 children and 1 in college, we can only afford a 350k house. any advice?

Answers

3
Monina,

Have you considered a 3 bedroom co-op? I know that is a small space but it would be in your price range and location. There is one on the market now and they come up periodically. There are down payment and financial requirements but it might be something to consider long term.

If you have any additional questions, please give me a call.

Debra
Hi Monina, I am a rvertowns Realtor and have to tell you that you won't be able to find a four bedroom home in many westester towns for 350k. I will tell you that Cortlandt Manor and Putnam Valley are areas that have sought after school districts and homes in your range. Yes the commute will be a little longer but there is always a sacrifice on a tight budget. If you would like any further guidance please feel free to contact me directly. As for foreclosures you have to be careful because when a bank owns a home they 9 out of 10 times sell it strictly "as is" so if you do a home inspection and finds major issues you either have to walk away if not comfortable or buy it that way. You also usually have to pay any existing liens or judgements against the property. I'm sure you are not looking to incur any unnecessary expenses.

I would be happy to guide you.

Christopher Pagli
Associate Broker
Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 28, 2008
Try to find something in Irvington that is a short sale or fourclouser. Look on website for help: http://www.PaulMVPteam.com Let me know if you see something you want to look into. Good Luck, Paul Tarrats
Web Reference: http://Paulmvpteam.com