Home Buying in Green Valley>Question Details

Sheri, Home Buyer in Green Valley, AZ

we have recently retired and are considering purchasing a winter home in green valley,but the market is so confussing.

Asked by Sheri, Green Valley, AZ Sun May 23, 2010

we have found we can buy a new house cheaper than a resale which doesn't make sense .The home seller is trying to sell a buyer his older home in most cases in need of up dating so they can buy a new house how do they justify the price,it doesn't matter what they paid for it in the past the market is what it is there are so many bank owned propertys that they have to be bringing down the appraised value of other houses.I realize in green valley that most retired folks are paying cash for the houses so they don't have them appraised i think their making a costly mistake,especially when and if they have to resell they may not have a easy time getting their money back.Also the problem with the GVR members suing doesn't make a home buyer feel too secure buying into a problem that is already there.alot of people I've talked to are not as confident about buying in green valley as they once where,retirement should be enjoyable how has the government allowed the GVR to have so much power.

Answers

4
Judi Monday, CRS’s answer
Hi Sheri,

I agree with you--whether you are paying cash or financing a home it is always wise to have an appraisal. Plus while a Seller may price their home as they see fit, a Realtor can help you determine whether it is priced correctly or not by providing you with a comprehensive market analysis. I never put together an offer without first sitting down with my Buyers and showing them what the market is doing in the area of the house that they are interested in purchasing.

To have GVR or not is an ongoing question and the answer really depends on what it important to the Buyer. Fortunately in Green Valley you have a choice of homes both with and without GVR.

If you decide to move forward with a purchasing a home in one of the best retirement communities in the Country--Green Valley, AZ--I would love to help you find the home that best fits your needs and help you negotiate a deal that ensures you are not paying over market for the house.

Warmest Regards,
Judi Monday
Your Green Valley AZ Expert
Web Reference: http://www.JudiMonday.com
Hi Sheri,

You are right. This market certainly can be confusing. However, we can iron all this out just deciding on the amenities of a subdivision that you want or don't want. Any cash offers I make for buyers includes a clause for an appraisal at my buyers option. Also, when you decide on a particular property, I will show you all of the recent comparable sales. GVR is very controversial. There are definately "Pro's" & "Cons". You will have to decide if you do or don't want GVR. Most of the time, there will be enough property on the market with and without GVR. If you're new to the area I would be happy to drive you around to visit most subdivisions, so that you will have a better feel for the area. At the same time, I can answer whatever questions you might have. You are under no obligation, and I'm sure it'll increase your comfort level so you can make wise decisions.

Stu & Sue
Hi Sheri,

You are right; there are some great deals on New Homes. (I used to work for a New Home Builder) The builders had to cut their prices to keep selling homes The one thing you might not have noticed, they have also cut some of the quality too. The Meritage Home you bought last year is not the same one they are selling this year. They have also lowered the standard feature. I do know there are some resale homes on the high side of the price, BUT there are some GREAT BUYS out there too. So if you are really looking for a home it is a great time to buy. Great Pricing, Low Interest Rates and a Great Selection of Homes.

Since I have been down here (over 10 years), there has always been a group of residences that don't like GVR. It seems to come up every few years. Most of Green Valley is age restricted and requires that we have these Rec. Center. A HUD requirement. This way we don’t have to build a lot of school (this keeps our taxes lower)

Most the people that live in Green Valley are extremely happy and love this town. I live here and love it. The GVR doesn’t seem to affect me at all. If I can be of any help please give me a call.
Hi Sheri,