Home Buying in Long Beach>Question Details

Shruti, Home Buyer in 02445

we are looking to buy or rent a 4bed in a long beach neighborhood. relocating to long beach and hoping to find a family friendly community

Asked by Shruti, 02445 Sat Oct 27, 2012

hoping we can find a great family friendly community not far from downtown long beach with a great neighborhood and good school options. long beach has reputation of run down/highcrime/heavy pollution but I am sure this does not apply to all areas.

Answers

4
Kawain Payne, Realtor, Notary’s answer
Shruti,

Long Beach has plenty of family friendly neighborhoods with high performing schools.
Not to mention being centrally located to major freeways, dinning , shopping and entertainment centers.

If you would like a no fee no obligation consultation, please give me a call. I would be happy to provide you with as much info as possible, so you can make an informed choice in your home buying options.

I primarily work with buyers, and take great pride in helping families find a place to call home!!!

Best of sucess to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
714-293-1151 Cell
KawaindPayne@gmail.com
I moved to Long Beach from Philadelphia in 1979 and I absolutely loved living here. There are many great communities depending on your budget that I am sure you will like. One of the main reasons many people from the Los Angeles/South Bay area come to Long Beach is that it is one of the least expensive beach areas north or south of us. There many good school options and in the Long Beach High School arena, you can pick any high school in the city you want to go to even if you do not live in the specific area designated for the school.

I have over 400 clients I have sold to in the Long Beach area and they could all give you high testimonials and very few have moved away.

Love working with relocations and would be happy to work with you. I have worked in the Long Beach Area for over 30+ years and lived here for 15 years.

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker
L B Brokerage
714-296-7270
bstrealtor@aol.com
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Long Beach has many, many more "good" areas than the negative ones you mention in your post. I moved here from Glendale (a family-friendly and "safe" city) in 1990 and have never been happier.

The area just east of downtown is called Alamitos Beach and there are many very nice homes there. At the eastern end of that area is Bluff Park and Bluff Heights, both very nice areas. Just each of there is Belmont Heights, one of the most highly desired areas in the city. There are many other areas within a 15 minute drive of downtown that are excellent: Artcraft Manor, Los Altos and Plaza, all excellent places to live.

Before recommending any of these locations, it is important to know not just the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, etc., but what budget you are working with. The first three locations I mentioned are more expensive, due to their proximity to the beach. Artcraft Manor is very reasonable, but most homes are two and three bedrooms built in the 1940s. Parts of Los Altos can be very expensive and Plaza offers an interesting variety of homes and prices.

None of the areas I just mentioned are known for "high crime", heavy pollution or being run down, which mostly are neighborhoods very close to downtown, due to their age, and the population moving away from downtown over many decades. Now that is reversing as the downtown areas are being redeveloped. There are many more great areas in Long Beach: Naples, Bixby Hill, South of Conant, Lakewood Village, Bixby Knolls (straight up Long Beach Blvd. from downtown), Carson Park, Rancho and Alamitos Heights.

I hope this was helpful.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
thank you very helpful. we are able to buy a home in the 650K range.
Flag Sat Oct 27, 2012
Long Beach has a diverse selection of Homes and also is known for its great value as a Beach town.
When are you planning on moving?

JIm Olson
562-714-4290