Nesting, Home Buyer in Dripping Springs, TX

we are considering buying land in the dripping springs general area (broadly!! -30 mile radius) and want water on the property, creek, lake, river.

Asked by Nesting, Dripping Springs, TX Mon May 17, 2010

What are the issues/questions we should be asking/looking at in this search?

Answers

9
Lisa Grant’s answer
Elisa Grant, Keller Williams Realty, Dripping Springs, Texas

Currently listing agent for undeveloped 5.23 acres on border of hays/blanco county. Property is in Blanco so huge savings on property taxes. Utilities and address is Dripping Springs. Agent lives in the neighborhood for 23 years. Amazing lot. This property is on a private water system. NO WELL NEEDED. Water is run to the front of property. One thing that sets this apart from any other land is private gated homeowners park. You have access by car or foot to the Pedernales River. Hike,fish,swim,canoe all summer. We are seven miles from the Pedernales State Park. Put in your canoe at state park and float down to the private park. There are not many opportunities to have this access to water and not pay the river frontage prices. Call today and I will walk the land and take you to the park to see this piece of heaven. Have a great day, Elisa 512-940-3496
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 9, 2014
Nesting,

I think one of the most important questions to ask when purchasing in the Dripping Springs would be the water source. During our last drought, some people in the area had problems with their wells going dry.

1. Is there city water available at the street or will you be required to drill a well?
2. If there is a well in place, how deep is the well and did the current owner have any problems during the most recent drought?

Other questions would be building restrictions or land use restrictions (can use put livestock on the property, etc.). Although you may be purchasing acreage, there may be restrictions set in place by the county. Make sure you can use the property in the manner you have planned before committing to the purchase.

I hope this is helpful.

Have a great afternoon.
Gina Nyland
Buyer's Specialist
The Nyland Team
Web Reference: http://www.NylandTeam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 17, 2010
Hello Nesting,
Floodplain, water source, watershed (drainage basin), permanence of water, are among a few of the questions you should ask.
If you are still looking, give me a call. I have several "hip pocket" water properties as well as published waterfront listings around Dripping Springs...anywhere from a 5 ac., 10 ac., 12 ac, 16 ac, on Sycamore and Onion Creeks on the smaller end up to 382 ac. w/ 12 ac lake and home, 600 ac on the Blanco, 788 ac high fenced ranch w/ 3 nice deep, stocked lakes (9.5 bass caught on first cast two weeks ago), 2250 ac. w/ 6 lakes, both sides of Onion Creek and the highest elevations in Hays Co. on the larger.
I just recently listed and sold an incredible 138 ac on the Pedernales in Dripping Springs...made 4 calls and had two offers and a back-up. This one never made it "out of the box"...no signs, website or MLS. Many of the best properties are purchased this way never make it to the website stage, so if you are serious about this search, call me.
I have lived in Dripping Springs for 34 years, working real estate for 31 of those and over half of what I help folks with is "off the radar" property.

I have a few nice ones right now. If I can help, let me know.

Michael Waite, Owner/Broker
Dripping Springs Realty & Watersong Ranches, Inc.
(512) 217-1866 cell
Nesting,
Here in the Dripping Springs area we have a little of all. You have the Pedernales, Blanco and creeks that run off those all within 30 miles of each other as well as natural springs. There are several properties that your requesting available as it just depends on your price range. If I can be of any help to you, please let me know.
Garrett
Just checking up to see if you have been able to find that perfect piece of property in the hill country with water. Please call or email me if you are still looking. I would be more than happy to help.

Maureen Shanklin
Broker Associate
The Samford Group Hill Country Inc.
(512) 517-5735
email: Maureen@HillCountryTexasHomes.com

Do you ever consider Wimberley Valley (south to Dripping Springs on FM 12)? Wimberley is a special quaint hill country town where river and creeks woven through its hills. Please feel free to contact me if you are. I am eager to share with you what Wimberley can offer and am certain you will find it home as many of us do. I have several places in mind to show you and your family if you are ready.

Judy Carey, Owner/Realtor
AmanVerde Real Estate
Tel: 512.847.0180
1. Water is the "new oil" when it comes to land. Without ample water supply, the land is all but worthless

2. Access to dedicated roadway

3. Easements (blanket, utility, etc.)

4. Existing land use (open space exemption, etc.) Rollback taxes can cost you a ton

5. Mineral rights. This is very important unless you don't care if you have a gas or oil well in your back yard.
Just look at what is happening the Fort Worth area.

6. Flood plain. Don't want to build on land then pay for flood insurance because it's in flood plain.

Guy E. Gimenez ABR, CRS, GRI
Broker / Owner
The PowerHouse Group
512-731-5613
guy@phgbrokers.com
Web Reference: http://www.phgbrokers.com
1. Access to Water
2. Pave roads
3. Utilities

IT IS extremely experience IF you need do this yourself have no knowledge where to start.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
As a farm and ranch agent, I live in Dripping Springs and would love to assist you acquiring the "right" property for you. Please give me a call or if you prefer, send me an email so we can get your search started.
Garrett