Home Buying in Siesta Key>Question Details

Marilena, Home Buyer in Toronto, OH

we are canadians and have an offer on a condo on siesta key. we need to rent it out during high season at

Asked by Marilena, Toronto, OH Wed Jul 23, 2008

least to help us with the costs.can you recommend a good mgmt company to help us out with this without charging too much and who does not take advantage of canadians (i have heard horror stories)...thx

Answers

6
Betsie Taber’s answer
Hi Marilena

I am a Canadian realtor who lives and works here in Sarasota. I also have some Canadian customers who are interested in renting out during the high season. They are looking for something from December 1 to March 31st. If you tell me a bit more about the condo, I could send the info to them and see what they think. One advantage of renting to Canadians directly is that they could pay you in Canadian dollars and no one would lose on the exchange.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Michel
941.907.1567
michelbergier@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 24, 2008
Hi Marilena,
I suggest you call our company run property management company. They have years of experience with vacation property management. They will not be able to manage this property, but they might be able to direct you to a good company. You can find them on the web at http://www.cbcaliforniavacations.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 19, 2009
SeasonalRentals.com advertisies homes available to rent for the season by realtor and owners. They are the best name on the web in reaching snowbirds and seasonal travelers searching for homes for the season.
Hi Marilena, and congratulations on your purchase offer. I wish you the best of success in finalizing your transaction.

Can you tell me the rental policy (how often you can rent) of the complex where you are looking to purchase and any amenities that are offered, like full gulf views, tennis, etc.? This will mean a lot when finding the right vacation rental company to handle your unit. Many of the companies mentioned are highly reputable, however, each does specialize in specific types of rentals, i.e. weekly vacations verses executive relocations and annual rentals...

Again, best of luck to you and welcome to the Island!

Abe
Siesta4rents, Jennete & Rossi, VacationRentals are 3 companies that seem to have good reputations. You might Google them and ask them all of your questions. Any Realtor can list in MLS for rental but may not offer any property management. Siesta Key is a wonderful area. Congratulations and welcome to Sarasota. We have had many Canadians purchasing properties here, over the last 10 months.
Jim Soda 941-809-7759
Prudential Palms Realty
Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch-Longboat Key
Web Reference: http://www.jimsoda.com
Marilena,

Congratulations, with your purchase. Many real estate companies offer their own management services. Have you consulted with your agent on this topic?

The "Eckler Team"