Home Buying in Valley Stream>Question Details

Carlo Latort…, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

we are a family of 4 and we are looking for a three bedrooms and two baths home in north valley stream.

Asked by Carlo Latortue, Brooklyn, NY Tue Aug 28, 2012

Answers

9
Good afternoon Carlo,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
I am both a resident and real estate sales person who specializes in Valley Stream homes for sale. It alway excited when I hear of new families who would like to relocate to this community. I would love the opportunity to work with you and your family to find a home in North Valley Stream. Please feel free to call me at 646 201 0564 or visit my website http://www.hurdlehomesofvalleystream.com/mimarket/zip/11581/ where you will be able to compare and contrast schools, crime and other information that will give you the feel of the area. You may search 1580 and 11581 the two zip codes of Valley Stream as well as zip codes in nearby communities in Queens and Nassau counties. My website is filled with videos as well as a free e-book titled "Buying Your First Home". Hope to hear from you soon.
If need an agent to work with you please feel free to call me. Fajardo 347 932-0609
Good morning Carlo,

Are you looking to buy or rent? If you would like to buy the first thing I suggest is that you get preapproved for a mortgage so then we can establish your budget. If you need assistance in obtaining a mortgage I can connect you directly to a banker that I work closely with. I grew up, live, and work strickly in the valley stream area so I can defineatly help you out with any of your real estate needs in this area. If you would like to further discuss this my phone # is 516-710-4298, or you can email me @ richmarin19@gmail.com or text me @ 516-967-8470. I look forward to hearing from you and asisting you in any way possible.

Thanks so much

Rich Marin
Charles Rutenberg realty
Hi Carlo,
Great time to buy, and you certainly will have ample selection to choose from. As you have probably already read from my realtor agents collegues, there will be various step to take in order for this process to work for you as smoothly and hassle free as possible.

Feel free to contact me or any agent that you will be comfortable to work with, and good luck to you.

Joseph Asaro, ABR, CRB
NYS Licensed Real Estate Agent

Century21 AA Realty Inc.
Cell 516 - 410 - 5818
Consider working with an agent of your own, also check http://www.mlsli.com If purchasing with a mortgage be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is necessary to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Hey Carlo. I commend you for your interest in buying. The local Real Estate Market is very active and transactions are taking place everyday! Consider working with an Agent or check out http://www.mlsli.com or http://www.devontesellsnewyork.listingbook.com for available homes. Additionally, the first step in searching for a home is getting Pre-Approved. If you would like, I could get you in touch with our In-House Mortgage Advisor who could assist you with your Pre-Approval.

I hope this answered your question.

Wishing you the best of luck,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!"
Hi Carlo - Great decision. The homebuying process has several steps, the first of which includes having an idea of your spending limit, then assessment of your homeownership needs. I can help you with all the above. Contact me anytime at 914-299-0420
Hello Carlo - I cover the entire Valley Stream area, including North Valley Stream, so I can answer any questions you may have. Also I would be more than happy to help you find a home in North Valley Stream. We have listings in this area.

Please keep the following pointers in mind:
1. If you are not buying all cash, you will need to get a pre-approval first. Contact your personal bank or mortgage broker and get that process started.
2. Find a realtor: contact me :-)
3. Get a lawyer of your choice. You should do your own research and find a good lawyer.
4. After I find house you like, you will put in an offer, once accepted, you will meet with lawyer to discuss and sign contract.
5. Contract then goes back to seller. Once seller signs, the house is now "in contract".
6...
Please call me to discuss the following steps further and also to tell me more about the buying process and also to clarify the type of house you desire: Colonial, Cape or Ranch style. Do you want a fully renovated or you prefer a fixer upper?

Call me anytime at 347-450-5762

Web Reference: http://crrli.com