Michael Wehr…, Both Buyer and Seller in Abbott Loop, Anchorage...

want to retire near santa rosa beach? Any ideas on good neighborhoods that they should be looking in? walk to for coffee/breakfast etc. 200K

Asked by Michael Wehrer, Abbott Loop, Anchorage, AK Fri Jun 15, 2012

Answers

7
There are a variety of areas that meet this criteria. How close to the beach would you like to live? Do you have any other hobbies, like Golf, Tennis or Biking. Will this be a year round home or a second home? Do you have any experience vacationing here? That approach might give you more insight into the various communities that make up the Gulf Coast.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 6, 2012
Hello Michael, while Sandestin is a great place to live and retire, the association fees here tend to be a little on the steep side. It is true you can bike and walk to almost everything you could want, including supermarket, boutique shops, entertainment, and there is a great movie theatre being built right now at Grand Boulevard that you could use a golf cart to access. A great breakfast spot is right in Baytowne, which is called "Another Broken Egg". In that price range, there are some other communities springing up such as Whispering Lake, which is a new community being built by DR Horton. The Mack Bayou area in general has multiple opportunities in that price range, and is close to hospital, shopping, etc. There are other communities coming up all the time which might fit your needs. There is also a community known as Bayside, which is close to the outlet shopping, groceries, hospital, and many other amenities. There is also a community called Seascape which has a varied assortment ranging from newer 2006 construction to older townhomes and condos built around a golf course.

If you find any of these ideas interesting, please do not hesitate to contact me for further information. You can find me on my cell phone at 850-305-6256, or email me at MykeSaysSold@aol.com, or you can visit my website at http://www.DestinHomeRealty.com to access the multiple listing service anytime you so choose.

Thank you for your excellent questions

Myke Triebold, GRI, LMC, ABR, SFR
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Sandestin is a good fit for what you have described here. There are lots of active retirees in this area. Baytowne and Grand Boulevard are situated right there and have all sorts of restaurants and miscellaneous shopping available. You can easily walk, bike, or drive your golf cart to both of these places. You can also scoot down to Santa Rosa Beach within 15 minutes from Sandestin - it's very close.

There are properties in the $200K range available here. If you would like more information, connect with me for a free information package on Sandestin. http://www.Teresa-Turner.com
Michale,
Search our site for all available listings in the area. http://www.floridacoastrealestate.co
I can help you find the perfect home for you to retire in. Move in ready? A little work needed? Shortsale? Foreclosure?

Gerald Hawley, SFR,
Sales Associate
Florida Coast Real Estate
850-374-1717
http://www.floridacoastrealestate.co
Hi Michael,
I work exclusively as a Buyer's Representative and have a wide range of knowledge about communities that would make a good fit for you to retire in. None of the listings would be my own as I only work with buyers. I help buyers make informed decisions, save them time and money, all the while protecting their intersts. My services are free as I am compensated by the listing agency through a cooperation in the local MLS. If this approach to purchasing a retirement home in this area is of interest to you, I would love to assist you. I know Santa Rosa Beach well as I too live here and find that it is a wonderful community to be a part of. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kelly Klein, Lifeguard Real Estate, Inc.
Broker / Owner
850-420-2480
Kelly@KellyKleinSoldMine.com
Michael,
Sandy is correct about Sandestin being a nice place. There are others as well. If you want to be on 30A there are some areas that may work for you as well. Miramar Beach may have something for you also. I would be happy to discuss at your convenience. 850-337-0789
Paul
Sandestin Resort is a great place to purchase. If you are not already working with a REALTOR, e-mail me Bonnie@BNDestin.com I will send properties as they come on the market. Good luck.