Home Buying in Valley Stream>Question Details

Max, Home Buyer in Queens Village, NY

want to buy a sing fam brick house with base ment and ranch type

Asked by Max, Queens Village, NY Wed Aug 8, 2012

Answers

8
Hi Max,

If you are serious about purchasing a home now the first thing you need to do is get pre-quailified for a mortgage. Once you do that we can deteremine your price range and then we can move forward. After that the next step would be to contact a realtor. I will be honest with you, we can all do the same for you so it is a matter of finding a realtor that you can trust and feel comfortable with. I grew up, live, and work strictly in Valley Stream so I can answer most questions you would have about the area better than my competition. I wish you luck on this journey as it is a wonderful feeling when you come home to YOUR OWN HOUSE!!!! If you need any assistance with any of your Real Estate needs please feel free to call me @ 516-710-4298, or email me @RichMarin19@gmail.com, or text me @ 516-967-8470. I look forward to hearing from you.
I commend you for taking the plunge in a time where the media has instilled fear in consumers. I must reassure you that the market is very active and transactions are taking place everyday. The first step is getting pre-approved so you know how much you can spend. Feel free to contact me, and I will get you in contact with our in-house mortgage representative.

I hope this answered your question.

Wishing you the best of luck,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Serving Long Island & Queens
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!"
Good morning Max,

Sounds like you are beginning your search for a home the right way: by seeking advice from experts. Here's the advice I have for you based on my 22 years as a Mortgage Banker.

First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528
If you serious about purchasing you can reach out to me for assistance. When working with buyers I am a buyers agent and can walk you through the process and represent your best interest. View my testimonials at http://www.jnationproperties.com
We have plenty of inventory that meets your needs.......you may contact me at http://www.EastMeadowJoeBrown.com or 516-297-3146
That's insufficient information to start a search. Might I suggest that you sit down with a local Realtor and go over your plans and goals to come up with a strategy that makes sense for you. Please, bring a pre-approval letter when speaking with a Realtor.
Consider working with an agent of your own; also check http://www.mlsli.com Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Your first step should be to get pre-approved through a lender. Then you'll know exactly how much you can afford. Step two is to get a buyer's agent that will work for you and get paid by the seller. A buyer's agent can find and show you properties that fit your criteria.