Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Victoria Rod…, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

want to buy a home on the south side soon around mayish..need someone that knows va loans and that will help me and my husband

Asked by Victoria Rodriguez, San Antonio, TX Sat Sep 1, 2012

Answers

12
Good morning, Victoria! As a mortgage lender for over 25 years, I have helped many of our Veterans take advantage of their 100% VA mortgage benefit. I can also refer you to a wonderful Realtor who works in that area. Mortgage prequalification is so important, even though you won't be ready to buy until next May. Errors can often creep into a credit report, and they always can't be fixed in a 30-45 day window. Most sellers don't like to work with extending purchase agreements as the prime summer buying season goes by. I am available all weekend, and would be honored to help your family get ready for this big step. Call or email me!

Barbara Coker
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
NMLS#228545
100% Home Loans All Over Texas For 25+ Years
210-842-4185
barbara@thecokerteam.com
Web Reference: http://www.thecokerteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Hi, Victoria,

Here is a link to the Texas Veterans Land Board - Texas has a Texas Veteran loan that is currently at 2.92% Fixed for 30 years. http://www.glo.texas.gov/vlb/veterans-benefits/veteran-loans…

Of course the rates can and will change, but they are at all time lows right now. The Texas Vet loan works in conjunction with a regular VA or FHA or Conventional loan. Find a great REALTOR who knows how these loans work, and let them introduce you to a lender who will help you to get the best loan for your situation.

Doc Stephens,REALTOR
Victoria,

I see below a post from Barbara Coker. Barbara posts often here on the Trulia.com website and based on that posting history, she seems a trustworthy mortgage professional with the necessary experience to help you and your husband on your journey to homeownership. I have read many of Barbara's posts and she is credible, honest and extremely knowledgeable. Exactly the kind of Mortgage Banker I recommended in my previous post.

All the best!
Trevor Curran
Good morning Victoria and THANK you and your husband for your service to our nation!

I've been helping Veterans here in New York for 23 years as a mortgage professional. Here's my advice to you:

1. Visit the VA website and look up Local Mortgage Bankers that are VA Approved near you. Work with a Mortgage Banker, not a regular bank; you'll find a much higher level of service. Here's the link: http://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/

2. Verify the License of your Mortgage Banker on the National Mortgage Licensing System website, nmlsconsumeraccess.com Be sure to verify the employment history of the Loan Officer; you want to work with someone who has been in the business 15 years or longer.

All the best to you!
Trevor Curran
Hi Victoria,
I work with some of the most aggressive individuals in the mortgage business that can assist in finding the most competable rate for you. Let me know how I can be of an assistant
Looks like you came to the right place ;)

I'm not sure anyone has done more VA or VA Texas Vet loan than I have over the past 16 years... I am more focused on the Real Estate side of things now, but the good news is.. I work with the very best VA and Texas Vet lender current in the business...

And I know it inside out.. Nothing better than a Realtor who was a Loan Officer for 15 years... It's always fun to beat the seller down on the price, have them pay all of your closing costs, and at the end of the day, you have the lowest interest rate possible.. Has to be some bennies to being a VET!

Give me a call, shoot me a text, or send me and e-mail and I will start sending you some homes to check out. :)

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
if you are not working with anyone yet, let me know i had sold to many VA buyers and my husband is retired military so I know been there than that as far as moving around.

Cora Hagerty, Realtor
Veterans Land Board (VLB) Preferred Realtor
Awarded Five Star Real Estate Professional 2011,2012 (Texas Monthly Magazine)
M-(210) 373-0838 O-(210)646-0261
Home Team of America
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Good Day Victoria,

Thank you for reaching out to us out through Trulia!

I'm confident that we can find you the right home at the right price with the least inconvenience to you. I am available at your convenience and would be more than happy to help. As a Realtor, coordinating the VA loan process is the easiest part of my job. Call or text anytime, 210-214-2685. I would be more than happy to send you some home options so that you can at least see what is available.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Any Bank can help you and I have the contact with them that are the MOST affordable. After being pre approved I will use all my experience to find you not only the best HOME for you and your family, but also the BEST DEAL.
I have been in business since 1976 and know the "how" and why I can be your best REALTOR.
Good Luck.
Jose L. Novelo
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Hi Victoria,

Well, I am certain you will get a ton of responses to your question here :)!

Here in San Antonio TX there are many Realtors® who are or should be familiar with the VA loan process. I, myself, am a Retired Army Medic and my husband, (he is still in), and I have used our VA loans extensively with buying our own homes. To say I am familiar with the VA loan process is a bit of an understatement as I work with many, many military families to help them find home here in San Antonio TX.

The best thing that you could probably do to help your situation in starting the home buying process is research the websites of the Realtors® here contacting you and call them up and see who you are going to be comfortable with in helping you and your husband find a home.

As stated by some, I have a couple of terrific lenders who are very familiar with the VA loan and Tex Vet loan process that can help you with getting your loan in a timely manner.

I would love to help you and your husband, so please feel free to check out one of my sites (I will add one here) and then give me a call and let's see if we can work together :)!

Brenda Mullen
Realtor®, ABR®, ePro
RE/MAX Access
210-807-0819
brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Hello Victoria,

I have an awesome lender, she works nights and weekends,she is simply awesome. I was born and raised on the Southside. I know the area very well.

Call or text anytime. Thanks for reading.

Susan Casas
210-835-6696
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Good morning Victoria ,I work on the southside of SA , I have a couple of lenders that have done VA loans for over 15 yr. with my past clients . I have experience with VA loans and what the requirments are . feel free to contact me .
Bertha Garza
--210-300-1719
Home Team
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012