Home Buying in Brandon>Question Details

gongolady, Home Buyer in Venice, FL

want to buy a home cash will it still be hard for me to buy a short sale or foreclose and what is the closing cost % in the brandon riverview ?

Asked by gongolady, Venice, FL Wed Aug 22, 2012

Answers

5
If you are buying under $150k then you will have many, many other ALL CASH buyers competing for the same properties.

The key is speed. You MUST go see the property the first day it comes on the market. You need an active and attentive Realtor to help you see the property because if you rely on contacting the listing Realtor, it may be gone before they even return your phone call.

Beware of Realtors that do not work on the weekends or past 5 pm, yes as unbelievable as it sounds, there are some Realtors that refuse to work evenings and weekends--the times most Buyers are available to see properties!

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 23, 2012

Paying cash for a home makes the process easier in terms of saving time and lots of work dealing with financing, however you still have to go through a long drawn process with the banks to have your offer submitted (they usually get multiple offers, which takes longer). The downside to those types of properties is that there is a lot of competition so you would have to submit your "highest and best" offer.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me

Sandra Gold - Realtor
The Infiniti Group International
561-860-3321
DestinationDreamHome@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 23, 2012
Good morning,

Buying a home with cash has its benefits but will not help speed up the process or really give you much of an advantage. What it will do for you is save on closing cost, ease of your closing and it will make your real estate investment more profitable. There are many options right now for homes and there are many well priced home. HUD homes and foreclosures would be much easier to close and not nearly as many delays or complications.

If you are set on a certain home and it is a short sale it is always worth trying. But as you may know, short sales can be good deals if you can get it to closing. I have handled quite few short sales as a listing agent and on the selling side. If you have an other questions I'd be happy to help answer them for you. Feel free to give me a call.

Gloria Steele
813-938-0025
Keller Williams Realty Brandon
Cash is king! :-) with short sales is just a matter of hours long are you willing to wait. Normally there are no closing costs for cash transactions. Foreclosures are easier to close. Just be aware that there is a lot of competition for these homes since the market is improving. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions :-)
Gerardo Luna 813-410-1712
yes it will still be difficult. unfortunately the banks dont really care that you have cash in hand. it is a shame that the banks operate like this but that is probably why they are in the mess they are in now.