Home Buying in Montecito>Question Details

Samuari500, Other/Just Looking in Bakersfield, CA

want secluded dated horse property w/two guest homes, 1 for house manager& 1 for guests, in Santa barbara area, w/right2park multiple vehicles

Asked by Samuari500, Bakersfield, CA Thu Oct 27, 2011

trucks and our own cars (over 24) no more than two million cash offer, with pool, garden, tennis court, fruit trees as much acerage as possible,

Answers

8
Good morning,

I have a client in escrow on a property that would probably be as close to fitting your needs as you will find in our area:

3500 SF single level home on 5 acres (very little slope) with panoramic ocean & mountain views, 2-car garage, ocean view studio, ocean view 2-bed guest house, tennis courts, and easily room to park over 24 cars on various parts of the property. The property has plenty of room for a pool, and has several acres of mature avocados already. The property does need remodeling, repair, and upgrading (my client is planning to put in $500k+), but I was able to help him secure this property for under $1.5m, so theoretically the end product would be around your budget. That said, this is a very rare type of property and I would expect in most cases to have to prioritize your wish list and make compromises.

I do know of a property under $1.7m on 10 acres with great ocean views that would offer the ability to create that type of estate you are looking for for around that budget. Please feel free to contact me if you have any interest.

Daniel Zia, Broker-Associate & Realtor®
Prudential California Realty
For comprehensive real estate information & to search the MLS, visit:
http://www.ZiaGroup.com
Or visit my blogs at: http://www.SantaBarbaraRealEstateResource.com and http://www.MontecitoRealEstateResource.com

Cell: 805.637.7148
Email: Daniel@ZiaGroup.com
Lic. #01710544

*Chairman's Circle Gold: Top 2% of Prudential Agents worldwide*
*Certified Shortsale & Foreclosure Resource*
*Voted the #1 Realtor by the Santa Barbara Independent's Best of Readers' Poll in 2009 and 2011*
Web Reference: http://www.TheZiaGroup.com
I have a 20 acre ranch in town that might fit your needs. You can reach me at Debbieleesb@aol.com or 805 637 7588. There are available options
Please visit our most up to date website for all your Montecito real estate MLS searches at SantaBarbaraCalifornia.com

Douglas Thron
805 450 2882
SantaBarbaraCalifornia.com
Hello Samuari,
Please give me a call. I would be happy to guide you through the available listings, both pocket and active in Santa Barbara region.
Maureen McDermut
Sotheby's International Realty
805.570.5545
Hi again, Samuari500-

I was in the middle of a project when I answered last night and was probably missing some needed detail.

Your request for a property with those amenities in the $2 million range is a little low but reasonable given market conditions, so I'd like to find out what is most important in your search. For instance, for a Montecito or Santa Barbara location you would have to increase your budget. Land is more expensive and properties in the foothills generally don't have the amount of flat land you require. Goleta, Carpinteria, the Gaviota Coast, Santa Ynez, and Ojai come are nearby possibilities. A couple of those areas may not have the temperate weather you're seeking on the coast, but if it's natural beauty and surrounding mountain vistas you're looking for, each area has positives. Would you like to ride your horses directly off your property, or are you okay trailering them? Are you willing to build a guest house or tennis court? If a property that met your other needs didn't have room for the tennis court, might you be willing to join the Polo and Racquet Club at a reasonable rate? It is a very nice facility and offers tennis courts, a pool, exercise facilities, and access to polo matches during the season. You may require that these amenities are on your private property. Does an ocean view outweigh your need to accommodate horses? I will check to see if there are restrictions on covered parking in the various City and County locations but I know of an option with a very large structure intended for car storage.

The property Daniel mentioned is interesting and a good buy but I'm not sure it's the best example because the first two goals you listed were "secluded," and a "horse property." His is on the edge of an industrial complex in Carpinteria, and you would have to trailer your horses to ride them. Because it's in the City of Carpinteria, there will also be restrictions on the total number of horses you can board.

I specialize in higher-end properties in the area and am a very good listener. I realize how important it is to make the best possible use of your time, and I'm very good at finding properties that meet your needs...even if they are NOT actively listed for sale. Over the past several years, approximately half of my sales volume is from properties that were not listed in the MLS when my clients made the offer. If the type of property you are looking for is not currently available, I will use all possible resources to find it and make it available for you.

I would be happy to assist in your search and can be reached at (805) 284-3660 or via email at jon@theluxurycoast.com.

Jon Perkins
Village Properties
Lic.#01157712
(805) 284-3660 direct
jon@theluxurycoast.com
Hello

Please feel free to take a look at my site at http://www.SantaBarbaraRealEstateVoice.com. I am sure you will find all the information you are looking for. If you then have further questions, please do not hesitate to call me. I have worked with several people from Bakersfield who have bought here in Santa Babarba.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kevin Schmidtchen
Sotheby's Int'l Realty
#805-689-6877
Dear Samuari500,

There are some quality properties that may fit your needs. Are all vehicles to be in covered building? How many horses? Timing of this transaction? (When do want to Close this transaction?) Is this a 1031 Exchange?

Send your telephone number and I will call Saturday PM.

Wilson Quarre
Sotheby's International Realty
805-680-9747
Web Reference: http://Wilsonquarre.com
Hello Samuari500-

I won't be able to meet all of your requirements in that price range, but I have some interesting options and would like to speak with you about them. Would you please contact me directly at your convenience? I am available via email or telephone, whichever is more convenient.

Jon Perkins
(805) 284-3660 direct
jon@theluxurycoast.com