Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Robertjohnne…, Home Buyer in Miami Beach, FL

wanna be artist looking for space,

Asked by Robertjohnnewell, Miami Beach, FL Fri Jun 7, 2013

Hi i have been approved for purchasing a house however i really would like an artist warehouse space here in miami
I am moving from seattle however work abroad 6 months a year
anyway does anyone know how to go about purchasing a warehouse space
in miami and what would the cost be since i am financing
could i do it wt 20% down
approved for little over 200 with 10% down however that is with a "live in" house dont know much about the process but would love to get into one
any realtors that specialize in this ?
thanks
robert

Answers

5
You can find condo warehouses for a lot less than $200K depending on location of course. This is not a "living house" situation but maybe you are willing to consider the option. While you may be able to obtain financing it may be the Seller the one opposing to accept an offer subject to financing for this kind of property. May I suggest a house with a 2 car garage or even maybe a detached workshop?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 7, 2013
yes that is an option i thought
Flag Sat Jun 8, 2013
Financing a warehouse will be tough, because you are not buying an "income" property.
Buying a house in Wynwood or around will be great, because the values in the area will be rising in the future, and so it will be a good investment. I agree with the separate "good lighting" studio being a good option. Or, maybe a 2 story condominium with the loft...

Buying a house would be easiest in terms of getting financing (comparing to a condo or a commercial purchase). However, beware of code violations (we have a lot of those in Miami Dade county).

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
There are units in an "artist area " in Miami near a place called Wynwood. I have been to a couple of places like a soho in Manhattan if you know what that is. If interested email at lisa@viviendarealty.com
Be careful as a Retire Firefighter and Fire Inspector I can tell you that it will be nearly impossible to find a warehouse that you can live in, because it is against the Fire Code. Your first fire inspection the inspector will see the living quarters and tell you that they will need to be removed. I think your best bet Is a nice house with a detached garage that you can use for your studio. The three areas that I think you may like and has a high concentration of artists is Wynwood, Coconut Grove and West Miami near Bird Road and 72 AV. Should you have any other question, I will be happy to help in anyway possible.
Hello RobertJohn,

Since my mother is an artist near Wynwood, I would be more than happier to help find you the ideal space.

Feel free to contact me with specifications such as what you are looking to accomplish.

Pablo Torres,MBA
AF Realty,LLC
786-205-6988
Pabtorres@aol.com
http://www.miamibuyproperties.com
what is your email?
thanks
robert
Flag Fri Jun 7, 2013
Hi Pablo
how much do they go for and generally is this finance-able ?
how much down ect.?
Flag Fri Jun 7, 2013