Home Buying in Destin>Question Details

Kathy W Sirm…, Home Buyer in Destin, FL

wHY ARE SO MANY OF THE HOMES SHOWING THE WRONG # OF BEDROOMS ON TEH WRONG STREETS? cHECK YOUR INFO AND WRONG PRICES...??

Asked by Kathy W Sirmans, Destin, FL Thu Jul 12, 2012

i HAVE CHECKED 5 HOUSES NOW YOU HAVE OUT ON tRULIA AND THEY
ARE WRONG INFORMATION ON ALL OF THEM gET YOU BEDROOMS,
PRICES, AND STREET ADDRESSES RIGHT

Answers

7
Kathy, sometimes a home has been changed from the original design without notifiying taxing authority and if tax records aren't correct, info in a listing might not be correct either. If it is listed by an agent that is not local, they may not have even seen the house--especially in Destin where there is a large number of absentee and investment ownership. Some of the listings that come into trulia are aggregated from other sites--such as realty trac--which is a completely automated system from court documents (filed lis pendens), and are actually not on the market.

There are many reasons why this happens. Your best bet is to either use a site where you can access the mls--you can do this through my site- http://-www.DestinHomeRealtor.com. Really, to save yourself time and frustration, work with a realtor who can get you all the correct information--it doesn't cost you--seller pays.

Myke Triebold, GRI, LMC, SFR, ABR
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
850-305-6256
Yes, I have a professional broker.....However, the website that he is on is
way down the list from these other nuisances and therefore, how are the
people who are looiking to buy suppose to know what is the right answer
uintil they contact the agent and he tells the o sorry, that is so the wrong
price , street and bedroom #
I know it is frustrating, the most accurate way to do your own research is usually Realtor.com. You can also access my website at soldbypat.net. Have your Realtor put you on an automated system that will notify you when somehing new comes on the market, or there is a price change on something that meets your needs.
Flag Fri Jul 13, 2012
I agree with all of the responses posted here. Trulia does a good job, but it is not 100% accurate and unfortunately, neither is the MLS. A good Buyer's Agent is also a good Fact Finder and can make your home search much smoother. It's frustrating to try and get information just from Trulia and other websites similar to Trulia because you don't always know exactly what you are looking at. Contact a professional Realtor for help. Their services are FREE to Buyers and are paid for by the Seller. What have you got to lose...except maybe frustration?
I find that Trulia pulls its information from websites that often times have inaccurate information. The information you are finding is not up to date because you are not using the exclusive services of a buyer's agent who can provide you not only with listings to fit your needs, but help you save time, frustration, and money by finding you the best buy that meets all of your criteria. I also have a direct link to the local MLS through the website provided below so you can proactively search for listings. I work on behalf of buyers only and help provide them detailed information that educates a buyer for the best buying decision. I would love to work with you as well. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.
Kelly Klein
Lifeguard Real Estate, Inc.
850-420-2480
Kelly@KellyKleinSoldMine.com
Kathy,
That is quite an unfortunate byproduct of aggregate websites. You however have FREE access to the most accurate, reliable, relevant and timely real estate data base. Any Destin agent can give you access to the MLS. The data there is ACCURATE!

When you are serious about buying a home, pick up the phone and call a Destin agent.
Trying to get reliable real estate data from aggregate websites il like getting your news from 'The Tonight Show." Aggregate websites are for entertainment purposes. The choice, however, is always yours to make.
Trulia and some other sites do not have the most up to date information. A professional real estate agent doesn't cost a buyer anything and they have access to the most accurate information available. You can call me at 850-830-5541 or any professional for help.
Hi Kathy,

I'm sorry you are having difficulty with Trulia. If you would like assistance, maybe I can help you. I have been in real estate 12 years, and I work in the Destin and South Walton areas. If you tell me what you are looking for, I will use the Realtor database which is much more reliable and accurate than Trulia and send only those properties that fit your criteria.

Lisa Egstad
Broker Associatiate
REI - Real Estate International, Inc.
(850) 543-8033
Lisa@LisaEgstad.com
http://www.LisaEgstad.com
Lisa, people are calling me about my listing for my house by your coompany.
None of the things about my house are correct. Please correct these
by saying 2 bedrooms, 145,000, and the correct street in the street view
should be 150 Bent Arrow Drive, Magnolia Park. You have need to call
the broker, Joh Lyons with Coldwell Bank. Thanks
Flag Thu Jul 12, 2012