Home Buying in Garland>Question Details

Ashley Oney, Home Buyer in Garland, TX

va home loan for texas veteran

Asked by Ashley Oney, Garland, TX Sat Apr 7, 2012

I just got out of the military in February 2012. I have already started a new job. I know I can get a va home loan, I just keep that there are alot of extra steps that you must go through. I am also eligible for the 1st time homebuyer program in texas. I was just wondering which would be a better option if I wish to put no money down for a house. Also is there a website for houses that are va approved?

Answers

10
Don Groff’s answer
The first step is to find a lender and work out the details. Determine what you feel comfortable with payment wise because that may not be the same number you are approved for. It's important that you are comfortable with the payment. Banks even in this market will approve you for more than you may end up needing or wanting and it's not fun to be house poor. So take the time to look at the numbers so you can see where you are comfortable based on your lifestyle.

For you VA is definitely the way to go. There really are not any First Time Homebuyer programs to mention. It's more of a marketing gimmick. With VA you can finance 100% so there is not a need for anything else as that is as good as it gets basically.

If you would like to call or email me I would be happy to help you. Here is what I offer over most lenders and banks. I am a wholesale broker and I work with over 15 different banks. Big names like Wells Fargo, SunTrust and many others. Here is the difference between them and myself. I can get you the same rate with thousands less in fees.

Here is an example. Say you walk into Wells Fargo and speak to a retail loan officer. They offer you X % interest rate with Y Fees.

I can offer you the following and also use Wells Fargo Wholesale.

Option 1:

I can get you the same interest rate with closing costs that are at least $300-400 less. But on top of that if you go with the same in interest rate you would get a credit from Wells Fargo of about $2000-5000 additional depending on your loan amount. This is because I get their discounted wholesale interest rate and retail cannot match offer that.

Option 2:

I can offer you an interest rate that is .25 to .375% lower than the retail rate above but your lender credit would be reduced. The fees would still be less than at Wells Fargo on the retail side.

This is what I offer all of my clients. While other brokers can match what I offer most choose to make more and price themselves close to the retail pricing. I choose to give my clients the absolute best deal. Because of that I make a fair amount on each loan but my clients get a better deal than what 95% of the other lenders, bankers and brokers can offer. I do this because just about all of my clients like to tell others about the great deal they received from me and that keeps the referrals coming in and keeps me busy.

So if you would like go get some quotes from other banks and brokers. If you know your credit there is no need to even pull your credit to get an idea of what I and others can offer you. Send me an email or give me a call to talk as I would be happy to help you in any way that I can.

Thank you for your service to our country!

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
I got out in 1990's, I have never used my VA loan and want to use use my VA loan for First Time Home Buyer program and I want to find a home in the Round Rock Area.
I work very closely with Veterans United. They specialize in VA loans and they have a great Dallas team. I would be more than happy to help you get qualified through them if you are interested. If you have any other questions or concerns about real estate please feel free to contact me! I am happy to help! Thank you for serving our Nation! Good Luck!

Lisa Montes-"Your Home Retriever"
http://www.yourhomeretriever.com
817-201-7388
yourhomeretriever@gmail.com
Hi Ashley,

The first step to buying a home is finding a Realtor in the area you are interested. If you need help finding one I can help you.
Definitely VA is the way to go if you are eligible. The interest rates are fantastic well below 4% still with my investors I broker with. If you are looking for foreclosures or fixer uppers then VA can be a problem as they are picky about the home. If that is not the case and you are looking for no money down it is by far the best option for you.

Best of luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
http://www.AustinListed.com
Thanks for your service and welcome home.

Of the two I would say VA is the way to go. Want a lot of headaches and hassles use one of the grant programs.

VA is not really a problem as long as you are buying a home in good condition. What can be trouble is if you want to buy an old home with issues.

Let us know if we can help you.

Where do you want to live?
Do you by any chance have any good listing sites for Garland houses that allow va loans?
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012
I would prefer a house in good condition. I would like to live in dallas county(plano, dallas, irving, richardson, somewhere around there).
Flag Sun Apr 8, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
VA loans really only have a couple of extra forms to sign.... That and you have to provide your COE.
Other than that, it isn't a hassle.

What FTHB program do you speak of? Texas doesn't do loans, banks do.
Is there some program that you heard of that we can explain?

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134
THANK YOU for your service to our country ! I admire you .

VA loans never had a client complain ! Happy to assist you . Contact my office

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
My husband and I purchased our first home with a VA loan & have never regretted it. There is some extra paperwork involved, and you need to make sure your credit report is clean, & they perform an inspection as well to ensure you are buying a good property without major defects. VA does not pre-approve homes currently on the market. Your real estate agent should be able to give you an educated guess as to whether or not the home you are interested in will pass the VA inspections. FHA loans have similar requirements. The best person to explain the differences in the loans is your loan officer who will help you obtain your pre-approval letter. So, ask around & find a good loan officer in your area to assist you. Hope this helps!