Home Buying in Raleigh>Question Details

Tenisha W, Home Buyer in North Raleigh, Raleigh...

va home loan and finding a bank that will accept a 620

Asked by Tenisha W, North Raleigh, Raleigh, NC Mon Oct 28, 2013

Anyone know any banks in raleigh nc that will accept a credit score of 620 for va home loan we need this asap a we are not having much luck finding a bank I am Hoping someone can be of assistance

Answers

11
My company specializes in helping people with difficult loans like low credit scores, self employment etc. we have partnerships with some of the largest lenders in America that offer loans (refinance and new purchase) with credit scores as low as 580. I'd love to help you purchase a home!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 15, 2013
It is definitely possible to obtain a loan with that credit score, but it may not be with a bank. There are reputable and great lenders like myself that are able to give out VA loans with credit scores as low as 560. The problems with banks is that they can be hard to qualify for and they can be very slow when it comes to service. Mortgage companies can have great service and pricing that can better fit your situation. I would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. I have give out VA loans before with credit scores as low as 560. So please, feel free to contact me if you would like a loan or if you have any further questions. Well I hope this helps! Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Hi Tenisha:

I can go down to 620 on a VA, but was wondering if you have had anybody go over your credit report to see if there was any opportunities to bump your scores?

For example, if you have a charge card that has a balance close to it's limit, the scoring models will ding you on that...the closer to it's limit, the worst the ding.

Redundant (derogatory) trade lines (where a creditor sells the account, but continues to report it on your credit) can also ding you, but are usually easy to correct.

Anyway, if you like, reach out to me through my profile here and I'd be more than happy to review your credit situation and to shoot you in the right direction.

Bob
Tenisha, I absolutely know a Lender that can help you in the Raleigh area. PLEASE do not attempt to use a Lender who is not local or who encourages you to apply for a loan online! If you have already done so maybe its not too late. PLEASE PLEASE call or text or email me right away. I will put you in touch with an excellent Lender who can help you.

The problem with applying online is that unless you are VERY computer savvy and high tech oriented you are probably not going to be able to navigate the process completely. Another Lender told me once that unless you are a computer programmer or an IT person , then its best to stay away from online mortgage applications. And why in the world would you want to try to do a mortgage with a company that's hours from Raleigh ? It doesn't make any sense to do that. Because when you have a question and you want to talk to someone about the largest expense you will probably have in your lifetime (your mortgage) when something goes wrong and you need to see someone.......who are you going to talk to on the computer? What state is that company in anyway?

Call me old fashioned , but I think real estate and mortgages should be local. I believe you should be able to sit down face to face and talk to your REALTOR as well as your Lender. In fact, most REALTORS prefer to speak with Lenders along during the home buying process. Your transaction will go a lot smoother if your agent can speak with your Lender on a regular basis to keep your "closing" on track and on schedule.

Finally, DO NOT give your social security number out and have your credit "pulled" too many times. Once is enough because every time another person (online lender and out of town Lenders) checks your credit scores , your credit takes a hit . That makes your credit scores go down each time. So be careful. Tenisha, PLEASE call me or text or email. I work with several great Lenders but one in particular has been a Lender all her life, she has NEVER had another job but Lending. In fact, she has been a Lender for 49 years! And I know she can help you ASAP!

I look forward to speaking with you soon. All it takes is a phone call. She can get all the info she needs over the phone and then set up a meeting. She works nights and week ends. She will meet when and where its convenient for YOU. And if you haven't found a house already, I can show you ANY HOME listed in the Triangle area. I'd like to send you all the listings that match your criteria so you can view all the homes from your computer before you look in person. How does that sound? Sounds like a plan to me. Please call .
Hi Tenisha,

If you still have questions and have not found anyone, I would be honored to assist you with the mortgage loan process.

Guaranteed Rate, Inc. offers 100% Financing for VA loans and if you are interested, you can complete your secure application online (Online Applications close 6 days sooner than average), check interest rates and fees in real-time, 24/7.

If you prefer, you can call my cell phone as well.

I am a mortgage banker, but we close our loans promptly, often times in 30 days or less!
I'm a Mortgage Banker with Envoy Mortgage. I'd be proud to talk with you about your VA loan. My youngest son is in the Navy stationed in Italy. I'm in Asheville, NC. You can reach me anytime at 828-225-5777.
Hi Tenisha... Not sure where you received your credit score but always good to get checked by a qualified lender. Many times the ones you get online are from only one of the 3 credit bureaus while a lender will pull all 3. A 620 could be higher or lower depending upon the tri pull which is what lenders use.

I have a lender I have been working with since I got started in the business back in 1994. She helped my wife & I get our home as well as my 3 kids get their first homes. Many times if you are close, she can make suggestions to get you score where it needs to be within 30-45 days. I also know she does VA loans as that is what my son got. ( 10 years in the Air Force) Her name is Natalya Hill and she can be reached at 919-614-0388 .
Once you get approved, if I can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me. Please feel free also to visit my website at http://www.RaleighHomeSite.com .
Hi Tenisha

My company is a nationwide direct lender and we can do VA loans as low as 620. The big banks tend to put more restrictive guidelines in place. Of course, you'd need to meet all other approval guidelines with regards to debt and income.

Feel free to give me a call or email me and I can try to help you out.

Tony

Tony Grech | Mortgage Loan Originator | NMLS #977416
PMAC Lending Services, Inc.
Toll-free (855) 642-4762 ext. 278
Mobile (313) 622-7383
Fax (248) 945-4842

tony.grech@pmac.com
Hi Tenisha,
I have already written you, but I just received an answer from a lender who has over 30 years experience. His answer: Yes, but no lower than 620.
Please call or email us: (919) 624-6726 edanderin@edanderin.com
Ed Williams
Broker/Realtor
Coldwell Banker Advantage
Tenisha W.

We can do a 100% VA loan with a 620 score. Call me at 919-334-6642 and I can provide you with some initial numbers and details.

Winston,

Winston Hodges
AVP/Mortgage Lender
NMLS # 115761

CapStone Bank
4505 Falls of the Neuse Rd.
Suite 150
Raleigh, NC 27609
919-334-6642 (office)
919-880-8985 (mobile)
1-888-310-2408 (e-fax)
whodges@capstonebank.com
Hi Tenisha,
I've just contacted a lender who may have an answer. I have a couple of questions: Is your score exactly at 620? What price range are you targeting? What payments would be comfortable?
Please call us directly at (919) 624-6726 or email us at edanderin@edanderin.com with some thought about the above questions.
Ed Williams and Erin Bohner
Brokers/Realtors
Coldwell Banker Advantage