Home Buying in Waldorf>Question Details

justME, Home Buyer in Maryland

using an agent for purchase of a new home

Asked by justME, Maryland Wed May 30, 2012

is it a good idea to use a real estate agent when purchasing a new home? one that is going to be built?

Answers

6
Hello Nata78sha,

I would say it is a very good idea to have a professional representing your interest newly built or previously occupied to navagiate the process.

I working a buyer now who is buying new construction. I advised her to conduct a home inspection even on new construction because it is important to have a 3rd party expertise representing your interest which they had not consider. the inspection brought to light things that we got addressed.

There are many other reasons as well. if you are looking for some assistance feel free to contact me or visit the link below for information you can search at your own discretion.

good luck
You definitely want representation in the home buying process whether it is new or existing!
Absolutely. So many decisions made when building new affect your future resale. You don't go to court using the other party's lawyer. Remember the salesperson's job sitting the model is to make as much profit for the builder as possible. After all that salesperson works for the builder NOT you.

Candide Rayle
Century 21 New Millennium
Absolutely you should for many reasons. Most new home buyers focus on the "Model" they want to buy and that is secondary. The lot your future homes will reside on is the most important first decision you make. In any new subdivion 20% of the lots are very desirable 70% will be average and the last 10% you dont want. You will sell your new home one day and your lot choice NOW will determine the homes future desirability.

The other important issue in the builder contract. You will need a profesiional to read and consult with you on the contract you are signing. Remember this, the builders sales person is working for the builder, not you.

The builder will "Pay" your real estate agent and in NO way does your agents compensation effect your sales price.

I could add many more issues to be aware of but I have only so much space. You can contact me if you need more information.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
I agree, always be represented. I serve Charles county and southern Md if you need assistance.
Web Reference: http://www.craigfauver.com
It is very important to use a buyer broker that is WELL experienced with new construction. Most builders do not budge on base price, however if doen right you can get upgrades and extras from discounted to no cost.. the key is doing it right.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com