Tee, Home Buyer in 19050

use and occupy

Asked by Tee, 19050 Thu Jan 26, 2012

Hello all it's is few days before my settlement and I had to get a u & o filled out. Do you think it will be authorized by Monday which is the the deadline for everything. Is this usually the last step.

Answers

3
I'd call the township and tell them the need or urgency. Some townships need 30 days some needs two to come by and check things out. Also check on the township web site (if there is one) what they will be checking so you don't feel off guard.
Good Luck.
None of us can guess the answer to that question. Call your realtor or lender.
Tee,

Give your real estate broker a call, and also contact your title/closing agent. Either of them may have already completed this task for you, especially if you are being charged a "conveyancing" fee.

I don't have the information for Lansdowne at my fingertips, however many townships throughout Pennsylvania have different procedures to follow in order to obtain an Occupancy Certification. Some may require certain inspections that would require appointments. I have seen Certs obtained in less than a day and some that take several weeks. If I were to make an experienced guess, you might need to wait about a week to obtain your cert. Given your Monday settlement date, I hope the township can rush this for you.

If you benefitted from my answer, please give the post a "thumbs up"! Thank You!

Jim O'Rourke
Principal Title Agent
Liberty Bell Agency, Inc.
"Experience a Better Closing"
Web Reference: http://goo.gl/c1vJl