carebearess, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

unresponsive lender

Asked by carebearess, San Jose, CA Fri Jul 20, 2012

i am in the process of purchasing my first home as an investment property. it is a foreclosed home. i went with the lender the realtor suggested. it has been two weeks since they emailed me and told me i was approved but have not gotten and docs or updates since then. i am supposed to close a week from today. what should i do? i have emailed them several times and have gotten no response.

Answers

2
Deborah Garvin’s answer
I am definitely surprised your agent has not been all over this. After you received notification of the approval were you given a list of conditions your needed to provide the underwriter? It is highly unlikely that any approval would not have any conditions associcated with it.

As noted below, you can get another lender. However, it would be nearly impossible for any of us to get your file approved to meet your closing date. And, highly unlikely that the seller is willing to accept a transfer of lenders at this late stage.

I would call your agent and request assistance. I would also try again to reach your mortgage consultant...Contact their manager if necessary. Best of luck to you.
You can always find another lender but closing will most likely be delayed. Make sure your Realtor is aware you can't reach this lender. They may be able to light a fire...