Home Buying in Boone>Question Details

Concerned, Home Buyer in Boone, NC

thinking of buying in forest glen dev in boone sally st. 3 out of 4 existing homes are for sale. Is there info I should be aware of? problems?

Asked by Concerned, Boone, NC Tue Mar 6, 2012

Answers

2
Forest Glen is a handy to town location, and a solid community with larger lots because many are a bit steep.
They do have a POA. I have no first hand information as to the amount of funds in the Property Owners Association and that would be something you would want to ask before you purchase in any mountain community with a POA (HOA).
I do think one home is listed due to a divorce and another was due (at one time) to a transfer. I have no knowledge of the third home. But a great question to have your Realtor ask is "why are they selling?" Sometimes you get an answer you did not expect.
Also, keep in mind, that as we have NO ZONING in the county. If you buy where there is no restrictive Covenenats, you risk ANYTHING being built next door. So a soldi POA community is alwasy a plus.
Hope that helps a bit.
Judy Wagner
Weichert Realtros Weber Hodges Group
http://www.Home2Mtn.com
Concerned,

I have worked with some buyers who were interested in one of the homes in the development, and even started the process to build on a lot in the development (we just could not get the numbers to work). It seems to be a good subdivision, most lots lay fairly well. As for the concern about 3 houses for sale...it is such a small development, the concern I would have is there a problem with the development. From what I know about the sellers, there is not a problem with the development. Reasons for selling very and for some of these owners, they are seasonal and don't want to keep paying for a house they are probably not using, or in the case of another home owner, they were transferred to another place.

In our market, it is not uncommon for a subdivision to have several properties for sale at one time. There is not a value issue that usually comes up because of this; the comparable sales usually come from close properties, not necessarily in the neighborhood. (In a metro city, you have a hundred or so homes in one neighborhood, and usually another neighborhood with similar houses next door. These homes are all used as comparables. In one of these neighborhoods, the values can change if a lot of homes are placed on the market at the same time, in a buyers market.)

I am happy to speak with you more about this property and neighborhood if you would like.

Marc White
Broker in Charge, Cash Realty
828-406-2134
Marc@CarolinasPremierRealty.com