joseph.denni…, Home Buyer in 34288

the seller keeps delaying. Can I get my money back for all the inspections I paid for??

Asked by joseph.dennison0, 34288 Mon Nov 11, 2013

Answers

6
It is true the inspections are the responsibility of the buyer to do, and to pay for. Why is the seller delaying? If they are not performing their due diligence as they should be, and you cancel the contract, you could look into receiving compensation. You would have to contact an attorney for this issue though for that information. Consult with your Realtor as what the true issues that are going on with sell of property and go from there.

Pam Civitillo, Realtor
941-815-2837
Becky Borci Realty, LLC.
pamelacivitillo1@comcast.net
On most contracts in this area the buyer is responsible for paying for the home inspection and has the right to cancel the contract within the time period specified and you cannot get your money back for the inspection. Have your Realtor explain your options or consult with a real estate attorney. I can refer you to an attorney in this area that will answer your questions for free. Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Re/Max Palm Realty, tammyhayesre@gmail.com.
Is this a distressed sale....short sale or foreclosure?

Whether or not you can cancel without penalty would depend on the terms of your agreement. Consider reviewing this information carefully of consult an attorney. It's highly unlikely, that you would be able to recover your costs for inspections etc.

Why is the seller delaying? The contract should have specific dates that they must meet, and if those dates come and go without processing the contract, you are out of contract.

Inspection fees, unless specified in the contract are not refundable, you would have to check with an attorney on this, but if the seller is not doing their due diligence, I would want my money back from them if I was buying the home, but how I feel personally and what the contract says, is two different things.

Pam Civitillo, Realtor
Becky Borci Realty, LLC.
pamelacivitillo1@comcast.net
941-815-2837
Depends on what you are attempting to buy.
An auction home?
A short sale home?
A bank owned home?
Investor owned?
Out of country seller?
Your brother's home?
A home listed by a non MLS broker.
A home listed by a real estate agent?
A home listed by a Realtor?
-
Then comes the need to know 'What caused the delay (the resiult of an action you initiated)?'
What is stipulated in the purchase contract? What time related elements and intervals did YOU put in the purchase agreement that protects your interests? Be aware, you are the one who submitted the perchase agreement and offered the price, terms and conditions.
-
So many things we don't know that can influence the traditional purchase process.
Now would be a great time to turn your question towards the real estate professional you hired.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor FL
727.420.4041
Move to the Front of the Line (FirstLookHomes.us)
What does the contract state about seller delays?
What does your agent advise?
Also consider consulting with an attorney.