Home Buying in Quintessence>Question Details

Buyer, Home Buyer in Quintessence, Albuqu...

tell me about the quintesssence nieghborhood. How about crime in area. are houses in this neighborhhod holding their value?

Asked by Buyer, Quintessence, Albuquerque, NM Sat Jul 28, 2012

Answers

5
You can see crime stats by neighborhood here: http://cognosout.cabq.gov/cognos8/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi
And you will notice Quintessence is very low. However, almost any area in northeast Albuquerque in the that price range is going to be extremely low. This does not tell you that much frankly. However, Quintessence also has top rated schools and values have been holding very well. It is a great area, with very nice newer homes (we do not have that many new areas in NE Abq because we are out of land).

Quintessence has maintained values because it remains in high demand. Not that many houses are usually for sale in there, only 3 right now. If we look back on the last few summers, we can see how well values have held. Below are the stats for Quintessence sales from May 1 to July 31 of each year. Keep in mind that as home size rises above the average size for the area, the $/sqft drops.
2012, 8 sales, $146/sqft (2,568sqft avg)
2011, 4 sales, $139/sqft (2,834sqft avg)
2010, 4 sales, $150/sqft (2,486sqft avg)
2009, 5 sales, $140/sqft (2,163sqft avg)

I hope this helps in your decision making. If you would like further analysis or more info on specific houses or areas, feel free to contact me directly anytime! Also, check out my website for a special offer for buyers, which can literally save you thousands of dollars. Happy house hunting!

David Stafford, MBA
360 Ventures Real Estate
505.750.3360
Hello, with regard to crime... this is an excellent website for crime statistics; http://www.cabq.gov/onlinesvcs/crimestats/ . Quintessence is a highly sought after community with great school district and limited value reduction. The area is stable, clean, quiet and well maintained subdivision. Easy access to shopping, major thoroughfares and some beautiful Sandia Mountain Views!!! View my website for easy searching in this area then call me for a consultation to schedule showings etc. tomsabqhomes.com
Tom Gallegos
505.261.8687
It's an area that has a high demand and homeowners love it! For crime stats I would refer you to the APD site or you can go to ABQ.gov under interactive mapping and put in the area or an address to get lots of specific data. I live nearby and am quite happy with the security and ambiance of the area. The home values in the NE Heights in general have held their value better than some other parts of the City and the short sales/foreclosures have been lower so haven't pulled prices down.
Homes in Quintessence have been selling quickly in 2012. Values have actually been holding and seeing a bit of increase since the market bottomed out a couple of years ago. Quintessence is a desirable neighborhood in a popular location with several schools, parks, a new community center and shopping close by.

With regard to crime in the area, you'll want to contact the local police department. Only they can properly advise of crime stats for any location in the city.

As for values, In the first 6 months of this year, 17 homes sold. The average price was $353,171. In the first 6 months of 2011, there were only 5 sales, averaging $319.650.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com