Home Buying in Babylon>Question Details

Keith Hogan, Home Buyer in Queens Village, NY

taxes in babylon and baldwin

Asked by Keith Hogan, Queens Village, NY Tue Oct 15, 2013

Answers

4
Taxes vary county by county, property to property, property size, upgrades, schools, local amenities, etc.; you can contact the local tax assessor's office/research online, or consider working with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information; also check http://www.mlsli.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 16, 2013
Hello Keith,

Taxes vary from town to town, county to county, and take into account a number of different factors. Taxes on one property in one town may be $5,000, and a similar house within the same town may have taxes of $10,000. It varies. You should search some general listings in the areas in which you are considering in order to get a general idea of tax ranges. However, in Babylon and Baldwin, you can probably expect to pay anywhere from $6,500 to $12,000 in annual real estate taxes, depending on a number of factors.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson , LSA
Experience The Williamson Difference
Proudly Serving Long Island
Top Relocation Associate, 2012
(631)384-3695
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!"
Hi Keith,

Your towns will have the same difference due to the counties. These towns however will be higher in both locations. Average taxes in Babylon are 9000-12000 dollars also depending on where you could incur village taxes as well. Baldwin taxes will start higher due to Nassau county I just heard that Nassau across the board had an increase of 8%. Let me know if I can help you more!!!

Life's Good,

Lawrence Gardner :-)
1-631-742-4657 Cell
Keith, taxes in Babylon and Balwin and all other parts of Suffolk & Nassau Counties vary. Depending on the size of the house and where the house is located, taxes can range from the $4,000 to more than $60,000.

In Queens taxes are much lower than in Suffolk & Nassau. I suggest you meet with a Loan Officer and find out exactly how much you qualify for and how lower or higher taxes affect your pre-approved amount.

I'm available to meet face-to-face in my Queens or Long Island offices. I have many good Realtors I can recommend who work in the area. Feel free to call or email anytime. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax