deediva38, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

1st time home buyer..Are any classes i can take because i am clueless?

Asked by deediva38, Indianapolis, IN Fri Mar 22, 2013

are there any class i can take for first time home buyer in indianapolis
I know in my area at the local high school there is a (night school for 1 day) house buying class. It explains a few things. However, it is mostly to get you acquainted with a local realtor, lender, and title search agency. There may be something similar near you if you ask.

For information beyond what you would find there click on the link below. There are many blogs that will explain a lot about the buying vs. renting decision. You will also find out about the buying process and problems you may encounter.
My name is Eugenia. I was in you shoes not too long ago. I wanted a realtor to really help me. I did not get that so I told my husband to go to realtor school and learn the ropes. We would love to help you the way I wanted help. My husband name is Jamelle Walker. His phone number is 317-453-0917. email jamellewalker2002@yahoo.com

His website is jamellewalker.kwrealty.com

Please give him a call. He would love to help you. If you want a woman's touch, I would love to tell you all the things I have learned from buying my first home.

Best of luck.
I would be happy to sit down with you and give you the 411 on buying. A large number of my clientele are first time homebuyers. The process can be quite overwhelming.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Mallorie Wilson
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
If you are looking in the 46222 area, there are 108 homes available today and most are quite inexpensive. Many home buyers qualify for Indiana Housing. IN Housing offers lower interest and sometimes down payment assistance. If you qualify for this, your lender will let you know. IN Housing offers online classes for home buyers that qualify.
In my office, we have 1st time home buyer seminars and classes that we offer. I would be happy to sign you up if you are interested. This can also be done in webinar form.
We also have a 1st time home buyer book that we can send you.
The key is to have an agent that specializes. You will want to be with someone that understands you are new at this and is willing to walk you through the process.
Feel free to message me direct carrie@carrieuhome.com if I can be further assistance.

I would also recommend the Indianapolis Housing Partnership as well! But before you start looking for homes you should interview no less than 3 Real Estate agents and choose one that works in the area of town that you desire to live make sure they are experienced and capable of protecting and promoting your interest instead of their own.....

Chuck McCollum ABR,CDPE
I'm a big fan of the Indianapolis Housing Partnership that Eric mentioned below. They are vey thorough with their information and nobody gets left behind - meaning, they make sure you fully understand and get all your questions answered.

Good luck and feel free to call if you need further asistance.

Claire-Anne Aikman
Carpenter Realtors
The best place to go for first time home buyer education is INHP (Indianapolis Housing Partnership). It has all kinds of classes from credit counceling, to lining you up with lenders, to its one day class on lending, Realtord, insurnace... INHP is a charity, funded by The Lilly Endowment. It has offices at 3550 N Washington Blvd, 317-610-4625. It also has offices at Glendale Mall. This is a class organization with deep ties throughout Indianapolis. This is a No Brainer of a recommendation.

Please contact me, I have a list of lenders who will be more than happy to assist you with all your questions.

Tiff Atkinson

First time home buyer seminars are a great way to get free information. I'd like to invite you to a home buyer seminar that we are having on April 3rd at 6:30pm at the Century 21 Rasmussen office at the Carmel City Center. Myself and another agent from my office will be there to discuss every aspect of the home buying process. We will also have two representatives from Wells Fargo Home Mortgage to give you some great info about your mortgage & financing options.
If you'd like to come by you can shoot me an email at jmann@century21ras.com.

Hope to see you there!
deediva38, the Keller Williams office at Keystone Crossing has a First Time Homebuyer seminar a couple of times a month. We have Realtors, lenders, title companies, etc... speak to potential buyers explaining the process so you are more comfortable when purchasing a home. And, best of all, it's FREE! If you would like to know more about these you can email me at kimwalshrealtor@gmail.com. we have one coming up in a couple of weeks.

You can start with a lender or an agent. Finding a great agent is just as important as a great lender and very often the agent has experience with lenders that they can refer you to. And you are already a step ahead of many first-time home buyers in that you are asking about classes. I wish all uninformed buyers were as smart as you. Knowing the process before going forward is key in getting through it with the least amount of stress. And although I am not from IN. I am still willing to talk with you if you wish. I specialize with first-time home buyers and I believe I have valuable information for you and of course there is no obligation to you. I can be reached by phone or email if you need me.

Also, please check back as I am sure you will get valuable information from others on this site as well.