Caren, Home Buyer in 08330

1st time buyer looking in mays ldg. heard the woodlands is BAD news?!

Asked by Caren, 08330 Thu Mar 6, 2008

Answers

7
kathywashington59’s answer
PLEASE TAKE IT FROM ME, THE WOODLANDS IS TERRIBLE. THAT PROPERTY MANAGER, BRENDA IS A PIECE OF TRASH, SO IS HER SECURITY STAFF. ThEY ALL NEED TO DIE & GO STRAIGHT TO DEMONS WORLD........!
For objective info on the Woodlands, you can call the local police station and ask for stats for that area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 7, 2008
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Hi Caren,

I'm sure there are some nice homes in the Woodlands and some nicer sections but the Woodlands does have a bad reputation.

There are several other nicer condo developments in Mays Landing that are also affordable. If you'd like I can send you a list of available condos.

Best wishes,

Matt
Web Reference: http://HavilandGroup.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 7, 2008
There are many communities with the name of "The Woodlands"the link that was listed speaks
about some of these.
This issue is a doubled edge sword for me as I have owned in this Woodlands since 2003.
Yes I too have had issues with the managemnet over renting my unit.This is a very large development.
that over the years with many investors buying and not screening their tenants or monorting their units
that the situation had gotten so out of control that the condo assoc. had to step in & put controls in place
to try to correct all of the problems that this had created. Until people buy the units to live in and are
responsible owners and investors act as responsible investors it will be a strugle for everyone involved.
I have found that the compounding of problems of owners & tenants not caring for their communities
& this is true whereever you live there is not much hope for positive change. Remember we are a land
of rules & regulations that we all should uphold & respect .
Caren , I have walked The Woodlands given out my business cards doing face to face contact. Every condo association has it fees and rules that you have to follow. Like the other agents suggested, call the local police and get an update and check out the community! And if you don't like it, check out the next condo development if what you would like is a condo. Do your search and let a real estate agent help you with that search. Maybe in the search you realize that is a buyers market and you might be able to own a house. at an affordable price.
YOU DON'T WANT TO BUY IN THE WOODLANDS, TAKE IT FROM A PERSON WHO HAS BEEN THERE 10 YEARS. PROPERTY MANAGER IS THE RUDEST PERSON I HAVE EVER MET. DOESN'T REALLY KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY MANAGE. THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS IS EVEN WORSE
Caren....

I am not from New Jersey....disclaimer. I found this link to community infor

http://woodlandsneighbors.com/index.php?pageId=394112mation that me be of help to you.

Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA